Thursday, September 15, 2011

The BSP Tour Review of Betrayed by Ednah Walters


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 667 KB
Publisher: Firetrail Publishing (July 12, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005CIGR3Y
Lending: Enabled


Book Courtesy of Ednah Walters and The Bookish Snob Promotions, click HERE for more information on the BSP

Amazon Summary:
Lil has come to terms with her life as a Guardian/demon hunter and the wielder of the Nephilim most powerful weapon-the Kris Dagger. She trains everyday to master her growing powers, gets along with her Guardian trainee friends, most of the time, and cherishes the time she spends with her human friends.

Just when she feels she belongs, her nature-bender father contacts her and warns her about a betrayal by someone close to her. Then Bran, the boy she loves, starts to act strange and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability. While Lil struggles find a connection between these three things, she begins to realize that someone is manipulating her and will stop at nothing, including hurting those she loves, to lure her to the dark side.

Review:
After reading Awakened I was eager to dive into Betrayed and it didn't disapppoint.In fact I think this book is even better than the first book. What I loved the most was the fact I was kept guessing of who done it's or who is behind this or that. I normally can figure or nearly figure out who it is but this one I for the life of me figure who the traitor was or why her friends were now acting so strangely and very rude.

Bran, especially through me for a loop I couldn't understand why he was being so mean at times and though I knew it had to be more than what Lil was thinking it still left me puzzled. As for Lil I felt her confusion about her father as well as with why everyone was being so different to her.

I neglected to mention in my review of Awakened, just how much I enjoyed the side characters as well, Sykes being my favorite ( I am hoping he gets his own book or something). Kim, I am still unsure about, though I have to remind myself they are teenagers. But what I find I do like is that no matter what differences they may have with each other, they are always there for each other as a team.

Overall this book is an excellent continuation in this series and I am anxious for the third book, Hunted to be released. While there is no cliffhanger, I am still wondering about a few things and I hope they are answered in the new book.

If you haven't read Awakened, you should but you can read this as a stand alone and not be confused but I highly suggest you read them both.

Rating:

1 comments:

ArtemisG said...

Great review! I love the great characters and this series seems to have great characters.

Post a Comment