Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review of Awakened by Ednah Walters


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 404 KB
Publisher: Pill Hill Press (November 8, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004BA5EGK
Lending: Enabled

Book Courtesy of Ednah Walters and The Bookish Promotions Tour

Amazon Summary;
Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, but Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons. Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware that she's a Guardian-a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. When she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. But Bran has a secret that can ruin their growing relationship, and the truth she discovers may destroy everything she believes in unless she finds the right balance between love and sacrifice.

Review:
How many times do I have to kick myself lately for not reading some books sooner than I have? I started reading this book last night and didn't go to bed til I was finished so yes ladies and gentlemen it was another late late night(I swear I keep vampire hours).

Can you just imagine finding out all your life you believe it was one thing to only find out it's actually another? I honestly couldn't blame Lil for feeling the way she did at the beginning and what struck me was how much I could relate to her feeling like an outcast due to all her moving around her whole life.

Bran, I loved how Ednah wrote him at first I thought I liked them then wasn't sure then of course I fell in the love with the character and actually was angry at the treatment he received by the other guardian trainees.

This book had all the elements for a making of a good book, a fantastic storyline that mixed well with the backstory that needed to be told. There was a few 'I didn't see that coming moments ' which is another thing I like unpredictability.

Only thing I didn't like was that it ended. So if you love Angels, Demons with a sweet love story mixed in. This book is for you. I highly recommend this book to any paranormal lover.

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment