Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fifty Shades- My Rant (Spoilers if you haven't read)

Warning : Spoilers so if you haven't read 50 shades or the second book , be warned

Okay after my sister in law begged and pleaded for me to start this series, I finally did and I will admit  I did like the first book though hated the ending.   But now as I am about 300 pages into the 2nd book , I am so angry with Ana that I am not sure I want to continue.

I have seen many, many reviews (bad and good) and I really tried not to let that influence me while I read,  for example, the grammar (I can honestly over look that ,because half the time I don't  pay attention if I am really into the book) though the repetition does drive me a bit nuts.  But what has angered me ,not how Christian is because I can see why he is the way he is, and its explained in the second one more clearly. But Ana's I can't make up my mind which Christian I want attitude. I can't be with him because he is like this , I  miss him I need him,  I can't be with him because I am not what he wants ..... UGH!!! seriously. He changes for her and it's still isn't enough.

I have to admit as well, that the only thing that has really grabbed me has been Christian,  though I haven't felt so far connected with their emotions other than anger right now at Ana. I admit I laughed at certain parts but other than that....


This is my first BDSM and I did enjoy that so I will be looking for more in the future  but..... My question to you all  is.. Should I continue?  Does it get better or worse? Part of me wants to know but I am so angry with Ana right now not sure if I can.

Also any recommendations for good BDSM?

Thank you for the rant.....









Photobucket


12 comments:

BLHmistress said...

Is the third one that bad?

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I've only read the first two. I got a bit of the way through book 3, but it seemed longer, with less action. But I will return to it someday, I'm just not in a hurry. I think if you like Christian, than go ahead and finish the series! ;)

BLHmistress said...

Thanks, it just frustrated me so badly how she wanted more and when he gave it then she is not sure if they are compatiable. I nearly screamed what more can this guy do for you.

I understand she is new to relationships but grrrr.

Jo K said...

I was angry with Ana plenty of times, too, but it does get better. I don't want to spoil it for you, but Ana did redeem herself in my eyes in the third book. I think most people (me included) says the third book isn't as good as the first two, because the novelty wears off, but it ties-up most of the loose ends well, so I do recommend reading on and see how it ends.

Unknown said...

Finish the series - it's worth it.

BLHmistress said...

Thank you because this is the first time I ever felt this angry over a character in a sense I was thinking not continuing the books.

I have been angry with characters but usually its been the bad guy not the main female character and never like this before.

Carin said...

I love Kallypso Masters Rescue Me series and Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands series both are much better in my opinion than 50 shades. I know that the first in the Rescue Me series is a free e-book download so you can check it out :o) have fun! Carin

BLHmistress said...

Thank you I will definitely check them out.

Cassandra said...

I would recommend you keep reading. The third book will try your patience for the first half but the emotional struggle Christian goes through and how he tries to come to terms with some things is what I like about it.

BLHmistress said...

Thank you , this one surely was trying my patience but mainly due to Ana's attitude.

But to know ahead of time it might - will help me to continue and thank all of you for your opinions to keep going.

Ollie said...

Yes finish it beca8se it is worth it. I always want me to feel like I am part of the story and this one did with the emotional anguish at times. I'm a very visual person so I can place myself into a book and feel what the characters must be going through.

I agree with Carin you HAVE TO READ the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters but YOU HAVE TO READ IT IN ORDER. So you have to start with Masters At Arms (which is free on Amazon) because it introduces you to the lead characters, their pain, their sorrows, their storyline and how they all come together to form a an unbreakable bond. Kallypso calls her books realistic erotic romance books (though book one is an intro so low on the erotic side). The characters really feel real and you will laugh and cry with them and need to take cold showers too. :)

BLHmistress said...

Thank you everybody for having me press on seriously I just didn't know if I could. It surprised me I never had a book or character effect me like that to make me question whether or not I should continue.

I just purchased Masters in Arms and I can't wait to start it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Post a Comment