Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: Enchanted Hearts by Belinda Boring


Part of the A Midsummer Night's Fling anthology
 YA Historical Romance with Fantasy



Blurb: 

 How do you choose between mere moments and a lifetime?

Aithne was raised on fairytales, spending hours daydreaming about meeting one of the elusive Fae. Little did she know, hidden in the shadows, a Fae Prince stood watching. All it took was one glance and Hadrian became enchanted, unable to stay away. Revealing his presence, Aithne's life was forever changed as her childhood fantasies of magic became a reality.

With each encounter, Aithne fell deeper in love and even though she knew Hadrian couldn't offer her the future she craved, it was enough. That was until William, the local blacksmith's son and friend, stepped forward. Wearing his own heart on his sleeve, and eager to claim Aithne as his wife, there was nothing William wouldn't do for the girl he loved. Even if it meant risking it all at the Midsummer Night's festival. 

Three enchanted hearts ... two honorable men ... one important choice.

Review:

 As you may have read in previous reviews I already am a big fan of Belinda Boring's work when I asked if I wanted to review her newest novella, of course I said yes. Even though I haven't read too many books regarding the Fae.  I found I enjoyed reading about the Fae very much.  Only issue I had  is that I wish we could have had more of the Fae world into this book.

This was a short but sweet love story tied around three characters, Aithne, Hadrian and William.  I have a love hate relationship with love triangles.  If they are written well then I love them and in this case it worked.  I felt for all three characters in this situation.  And who could blame Aithne for being torn between the two.  It didn't surprise me who she picked and actually I was happy with her choice. Normally I am not, which is one reason I hate love triangles. Half the time I don't agree with the choice.

Overall this was a fast nice read with a couple swoon worthy kisses that Belinda is known for. I definitely recommend this read to all you Fae YA lovers out there.


Rating:
4 out 5 stars


1 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love the cover but I'm not a big fan of the love triangle. Nice review though.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Post a Comment