Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon


File Size: 577 KB
Print Length: 429 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0749957697
Publisher: St. Martin's Press; 1 edition (August 7, 2012)
Sold by: Macmillan
Language: English
ASIN: B00779MUPK
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Enabled


Blurb:
The Mayans aren’t the only ones with a 2012 prophecy…

Long before recorded history, there was a Keetoowah warrior so feared that everyone trembled before his wrath. Only a brutal betrayal by the one closest to him could defeat him. But not even death was the end of a man so strong.

The Time Untime approaches…

Kateri Avani has been plagued her entire life with dreams she doesn’t understand. Images of places she’s never been and of a man she’s never seen. Her quest for answers has driven her to Las Vegas where she hopes to finally silence the demons in her mind.

What she never anticipates is coming face to face with the warrior who has haunted her her entire life. One who belongs to a world the scientist in her refuses to believe is real.

Ren Waya came back from the dead to keep the prophecy he began from coming true and ending the world. For thousands of years, he has fought the same evil that once possessed him. But now that evil has found the one person he can’t fight. The one person who, against his will, holds the most sacred part of him.

His heart.

But if he doesn’t kill Kateri, the deadliest of evils will reemerge and destroy everyone else on the planet. It was a sacrifice he made once.

Will he be able to make it again?

Review:
As many of you know I have practically been waiting on pins and needles for this book, It didn't seem like August was going to get here and then I bantered back and forth whether I should get it now or wait. When I found out my favorite character in this universe was going to play a good part in this book. Well you know I jumped and clicked buy.

I dove into this book almost immediately(had to wait for my Kindle to charge)But once I did I devoured this book in once setting. I should slow down and enjoy all that is good with Sherrilyn's books but I just can't help it.

Where to begin that is a great question? Well I guess I could start by saying, while I did like this book, after all it is Sherrilyn, this one wasn't my favorite. Not sure if its because there was just so much going on with the Mythology or I read it too fast and didn't let it all soak in. It might have been a combination of both. I honestly don't know.

What it did have is characters I love, Kateri is so much fun, sarcastic and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in (meaning Ren). Ren, he has issues and my heart broke for him. I had no idea his story was so sad. And of course I nearly squealed with delight over the fact Acheron was in this one a bit more than the last book. As well as Talon, Urian(I love him too, he is so damned funny), Sasha(my fave wolf) and a couple others. Maybe just maybe I miss the characters from New Orleans that could have been my major issue, not the book's fault that is mine alone.

But other than that, it was full of action, drama and I laughed and cried, which is typical for me when I read one of her books. Overall, though this wasn't my favorite. I still liked it and hope this series continues on forever. Now I have wait another year for the next book, which will be Styxx's book (I so can't wait for this one.!) I might have to do another reread of this series to help pass the time.


Rating:
4 out 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment