Saturday, April 13, 2013

Review: Heart of Atlantis by Alyssa Day



File Size: 980 KB 
Print Length: 336 pages 
Publisher: Berkley (December 4, 2012) 
Sold by: Penguin Publishing 
Language: English 
ASIN: B005GSZIB2 
Text-to-Speech: Enabled 
X-Ray: Enabled 
Lending: Not Enabled 
Source: My Own Copy 

 Amazon 


Book Description:

 As a war wages between the immortals of Atlantis and those of the vampire realm, a Poseidon warrior fights to save his world—and the woman he loves. And no risk is too great. 

The desires of a high priest.

Alaric, Poseidon’s High Priest, has made a vow to Quinn, the woman he loves and the leader of the Resistance: to save her friend Jack before his last bit of humanity has been drained. Should Alaric succeed, there’s one intimate danger: he may lose Quinn to the love of the man whose life he saved. But damn Atlantis to the nine hells, he’s willing to put Quinn’s wishes first, regardless of the consequences.

The warning of a threat reborn. 

The final jewel of Poseidon’s trident has turned up in the hands of mysterious Ptolemy Reborn, who claims to be descended from Atlantean royalty. He’s about to reveal to the world that Atlantis is real, positioning himself as king. But this magical terrorist is bent on chaos. The only warrior who can stop him is following his own path, driven by the even more powerful force of love. Atlantean powers over the sea could prove just as cataclysmic—for Quinn’s love, Alaric might drown the entire world.



 Review: 
I stumbled onto this series a few years back with Conlan's book and I have been hopelessly addicted ever since and like the rest I have been waiting on pins and needles for Alaric's book since he was first introduced in this series. Now that this series is over I am left with a sense of sadness and loss. These characters were like family and it feels like I have moved halfway across the world and will not see them again.  I laughed, cried, screamed my way through this series and now that it's over what will I do with my time. 

I guess you can figure out I did love this book, though very much a bittersweet moment now that it is over.  I can say though with a smile on my face, FINALLY!!  If any of you have read this series you would know exactly what I am talking about. And for those who haven't please check these books out. they rock!

Alaric, my favorite moody high priest what can I say about him really, just that I am so happy things did work out.  And Quinn love her so much, we got her sarcasm, which I love, but we also got to see her vunerable side too, which was very very nice to see.  We also get to see the whole gang again, which brought a huge smile on my face and lastly Jack, yes!! and I can't say much more than that I really don't want to give anything away.

This book was a perfect ending to such a fabulous series and though I am sad to see it end technically (she has a couple novellas yet , I believe she said 2, Denal being one of them) and a spin off with Jack.. I hope she continues with the next generation because I just love these characters and their stories and want more.. yes I am greedy like that... I just don't want it too end..

So if you haven't read this series please I urge you again to do so.. You will fall in love with Atlantis as much I have..  Meanwhile I preordered book 1 in her new series and can't wait to see what world Alyssa Day will captivate me this time.


 Rating: 
 photo 51.png
Heat Factor: 
 photo 5.png





Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment