Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kelly's Review: A Ghostly Menage

I'm a little off schedule with this review and I haven't been around lately. I've been doing a home project which has really sapped the life out of me. Don't you hate when that happens? Anyway, I have some reviews coming at you and this is just to start things off. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccck!!!!!!!!!! :)

* * *



A GHOSTLY MENAGE

By Eve Langlais

Published by: Cobblestone Press, LLC

First Printing: 2010

ISBN: 978-1-60088-592-1

Cobblestone Press; Goodreads; All Romance EBooks

Concept: Jenna, desperate for change, buys a repossessed home on a whim. The townsfolk claim it's haunted, but Jenna's pretty sure all it needs is some filler to stop the drafts. Before long, even she has to admit, there's more going on here than the vagaries of an old house. Can it be ghosts making her panties wet and her dreams hot?

Derrick and Mark, werewolf twins, are stuck in their house as disembodied spirits, all because of an evil witch. When their fated mate suddenly becomes the new owner, they end up taking haunting to a whole new erotic level.” (Cobblestone Press)

Review: This is a novelette of the erotic version and as I’ve said many times, it has to be difficult as an author to pack a good story punch into 60 pages or less. Yet that’s exactly what this author does. You’ve got ghosts and werewolves and witches all packed into this story and you have a small bit of character build up mixed in. Top it off with a really good story, complete with a mega bitchy villain. Bake it all up with some super hot sex scenes and this recipe is complete!

Even though this is an *older* ebook, I just discovered it and this author. I’ll be back for a lot more. You won’t be sorry if your erotic tastes lead you into the meange category or even if you are just wondering what it could be like. This is an excellent place to start.

What I liked: The werewolf twins, Derrick and Mark, are fun and series all at the same time. Bad and badder. Naughty and naughtier. I liked that about them and I think Jenna liked that as well. The eroticism was there while not be overpowered with sexual acts that might turn some people off. The edge was stepped on nicely. I particularly loved the dreamwalking scenes.

What I disliked: Some of the sex scenes seemed a little forced. I realize that with a short story that might be a given, but maybe one less sex scene or maybe longer sex scenes of the ones already in play.

My rating: 4 feathers



Kelly
for Book Lover's Hideaway

1 comments:

bittenbyromance said...

Great review. I enjoyed this book.

Post a Comment