Monday, December 12, 2011

Bewitching Book Tours Holding Onto Heaven By Keta Diablo Guest Post, Promo and Review

I would like to take the opportunity to welcome Keta again to BLH. Most of you know I am a huge fan of hers and so happy to have her stopping by once again. So please give her a warm welcome.
.
Ten Things I Am Thankful For This Holiday Season


Clean slates
Around the holidays we start to think about saying goodbye to the old year and hello to the new. The New Year ushers in clean slates—an opportunity for us to change, add positive elements to our lives or remove negative energy that surrounds us daily.  What if we lived in a country where change of any kind was forbidden? What if you could never wipe the slate clean? I’m thankful for clean slates. 

Little things
Unspeakable tragedy lurks all around us; a teen beaten to death in New York, a horrific hate crime in Pennsylvania, the shooting of a priest in a small town. Big things. And then I realize how truly fragile life is. I have a place to live, cars that run, heat, and electricity—little things we take for granted. I’m thankful for little things.


Groaning Tables
My cupboards are full and so is my refrigerator. During the holidays my table groans with platters of food, laughter of children and smiles from elderly members of our family. Did you know that one out of eight children in the US go to bed hungry? I’m thankful for groaning tables.

Sweet Visits
I love that my children still like to hang out with me, truly want my company. Tell your children you love them every time you share a sweet visit, hug them, let them know how blessed you are they were sent to journey through life with youI am thankful for sweet visits.

Meows and Barks
Cats have saved owners from burning buildings, dogs have rescued drowning children. Your pet in most cases will always choose you over anyone else in the world. Your furry friend gives you unconditional love, friendship, and loyalty. Give it back and you’ll never be sorry. I am thankful for meows and barks. 


The joy of writing 
I’m horrible at math, not very good at biology or science either. But someone gave me a gift I’m sure I’m not worthy of. If you open a dictionary and choose a word, 90 percent of the time I can tell you the meaning. One thing I can always count on is the ability to string words together. I’m gonna ride this one out for as long and as far as it will take me. I am thankful for the joy of writing.

Random acts of kindness
There is  power in random  act of  kindness -- a selfless act performed by a person wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual. There will generally be no reason other than to make people smile, or make them happy. An example of a random act of kindness is stopping to help someone who’s out of fuel. You can’t leave your name and you refuse to accept money in exchange for your assistance. You stopped to help because help was needed. We shouldn’t help people based on merit, but on need. I am thankful for random acts of kindness.
Freedom 
Almost 5,000 US soldiers have died in the Iraq war and 1,000 in Afghanistan. We must all realize that giving one’s life is the ultimate sacrifice. These heroic men and women have lost everything. This Holiday Season, thank them/pray for them for surrendering all they ever were or could ever hope to be to ensure our freedom.  I am thankful for freedom.
Friends and family
I saved the best for last. I’ve made wonderful friends over the years and have been blessed with the most awesome family. At Christmas and every day of the year I’ll remember to be thankful for friends and family. Remember, family and friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there for you.  I am thankful for friends and family.



Blessed Holidays to you and yours, 


You can find Keta here on the Net:



Genre: historical erotic romance set during the Civil War

When the blazing fires of revolt ravage the countryside, Lauren and Sage McCain are trapped amid the flames of destiny. The Civil War has crumbled a Nation, and the Dakota Sioux uprising has turned southern Minnesota into a violent battlefield. Holding on to Heaven is a story of love between two men and a woman, love between siblings, and love that crosses all boundaries and forges all cultures.


Review:
As many of you know I am a fan of Keta's books and this book I have to say is my favorite so far. It basically has two stories in one book.- Creed/Lauren and Sage/Wanapaya - Two sisters that neither know that other exists until fate brings them together.

What an amazing concept! At least for me anyway, I am almost positive I hadn't read anything this unique in awhile. Problem is where to begin with this review, other than I just loved it so much.

I have to admit Lauren, I wanted to smack a few times, but to me that is definitely a good sign the author has written the character well enough for me to actually feel for these fictional people. All these characters I grew to love in this short amount of time. I hate to sound redundant, but that is one of the main things that grab me, if I can connect then I will want to see how their lives play out.

I laughed, cried (can't say why don't want to spoil it for you), and even screamed at the end..... It was definitely an ending I didn't see coming. Well part of it I did, just not all of it. I can't say more without giving anything away. Okay I rambled enough , if you have read Keta's books before then you have to read this one and if you haven't then I say what are you waiting for...



Rating:

3 comments:

Keta Diablo said...

Hello everyone! And thanks for stopping by one o my favorite blogs on the Net.

I love Booklover's Hideaway -- her posts are fascinating, her reviews so well written. (wink). Can you tell I'm a big fan of hers?

I hope if you have a chance to read Holding on to Heaven, you can escape from the strife of every day life and travel to another time and place. That's my goal -- and enjoyment of course.

My Christmas present to my lovely supporters and followers is a two story for one book for 99 cents. Chasing Love and Guilty Pleasures is now out on Kindle. These stories are HOT and I do mean erotic, so proceed with caution. KINDLE HERE: http://amzn.to/tJzKyM

Have a very blessed Holiday and may all your reads in 2012 be FABTASTIC.

Follow my romance blog, Keta's Keep, http://ketaskeep.blogspot.com

And BOOKLOVER'S HIDEAWAY -- YOU SIMPLY ROCK! XOXOXOXOXO

Jeremy said...

Great post! I loved the 10 things to be thankful for. Keta sounds like a really cool person.

BLHmistress said...

OH wow Keta thank you ! I think you rock too!! I could read more and more of these characters and I hope so soon!! I am so happy I made your Monday much better!

Post a Comment