Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review: Pandora's Box by Katie Salidas


File Size: 338 KB
Print Length: 302 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Rising Sign Books LLC. (June 1, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00546H0VM
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Source: My Own Copy


Blurb:
Book 3 in the Immortalis Vampire Series.

After a few months as a vampire, Alyssa thought she'd learned all she needed to know about the supernatural world. But her confidence is shattered by the delivery of a mysterious package - a Pandora's Box.

Seemingly innocuous, the box is in reality an ancient prison, generated by a magic more powerful than anyone in her clan has ever known. But what manner of evil could need such force to contain it?

When the box is opened, the sinister creature within is released, and only supernatural blood will satiate its thirst. The clan soon learns how it feels when the hunter becomes the hunted.

Powerless against the ancient evil, the clan flees Las Vegas for Boston, with only a slim hope for salvation. Could Lysander's old journals hold the key? And what if they don't?

And how welcome will they be in a city run by a whole different kind of supernatural being?

Werewolves...

Other Novels in the Immortalis series:
Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Book 1)
Hunters & Prey (Book 2)
Pandora's Box (Book 3)

Review:
Can I tell you just how much I love this series, well I am going to say it over and over again until either you get tired and stop reading this review or buy this series.

Honestly I didn't think it could get any better but it has. This is book 3 in the Immortalis series and it just gets crazy from the very start. Katie starts by throwing me for a total loop and had me screaming at my Kindle 'NOOOOO"! I couldn't believe she went there but she did. I can't say what but it had me crying at the beginning mind you.

After I got over that shock, we are taken to Boston to try and find a way to defeat the creature that was unleashed. This is where we meet the werewolves. 'Sigh' they are quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. No I won't stop reading vampires, just saying these hot and sexy weres found a place in my heart.

We had sweet moments with Lysander and Alyssa but not too much romance in this one, but it didn't bother me I was too engrossed in the story. But I do say she did it again! I thought the first shock was bad enough but this one really threw me. I wish I could say what it was, but lets just say I don't know whether to be angry, sad or both! I am still stunned as I write this so this might be just a ramble and for that I am sorry.

If you haven't read this series, please do! I know I am immediately moving on to Soulstone, the 4th book in this series because I just have to know what happens next. Looks like another sleepless night for me.

Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

10 comments:

Unknown said...

^_^ ahh. I wanna read this series!! Thanks for recommending it to me Dawna! <3<3<3 Great review :) Hopefully I catch up to you before you read the fourth book so I can rant to you lol ^_^

Ana♥

BLHmistress said...

LOL I'm telling you its such a fast read you will catch up in no time. I am waiting for my Kindle to charge. I love and hate when an author throws twists like that. Hurry up I need to vent. LOL

Unknown said...

o.O nice.. I might get them soon then! yay. lol ^_^ how long has it been charging?

BLHmistress said...

just a little while, it takes a bit so not sure if I am going to get Soulstone started tonight or not.

Unknown said...

o.O you're just breezin through books huh? ^_^ well I think if you start it tonight you'll never sleep lol

BLHmistress said...

I do on this Kindle but last few nights stayed up late and had to get up early and its catching up with me lack of sleep. Had a nap today but it didn't help.

Unknown said...

oh no bueno. you should get some sleep then missy! I was like that this week.. and then yesterday I slept all day.. -___- but now I'm back to my 2-4 hours of sleep a night lol

BLHmistress said...

I used to be able to do that when I was younger, not that I'm ancient but I can't go without sleep so much anymore LOL.

Unknown said...

lol. I love my sleep. and I know when I start school my sleeping is going to be very crucial lol.. that means no more late night blogging ;( doubt it will happen though. I tend to go to school with 2 or less hours of sleep >.<

BLHmistress said...

LOL I can't go with just 2 hours my mind goes to mush.

Post a Comment