Friday, June 10, 2011

Review Bonded by Blood by Laurie London


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 525 KB
Print Length: 384 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 037377544X
Publisher: HQN Books; Original edition (February 1, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004JF68AI

Book courtesy of Net Galley

Amazon

Laurie's Links:


Amazon Summary:
Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, two vampire coalitions battle for supremacy--Guardian enforcers who safeguard humanity and Darkbloods, rogues who kill like their ancient ancestors.

Movie location scout Mackenzie Foster-Shaw has always known that she's cursed to die young. No one can protect her from the evil that has stalked her family for generations--vampires who crave her rare blood type. Until one afternoon in a wooded cemetery, she encounters an impossibly sexy stranger, a man she must trust with her life.

For Dominic, a man haunted by loss, Mackenzie satisfies a primal hunger that torments him--and the bond they share goes beyond heat, beyond love. She alone can supply the strength he needs to claim his revenge. But in doing so, he could destroy her....

Review:
I am ashamed to admit I started this book a few months ago and stopped not because I didn't like it but I had other books that needed read and reviewed that being said I could kick myself for not finishing this book sooner. What Was I thinking??!!

This book is wonderfully written debut by Laurie London, I loved her style of writing as well as she didn't drown us with too much information. She explained it enough for me to understand exactly how her vampires worked and that I liked.

It amazes me each time I read a different story, just how they come up with a new way to make vampire's exist. I really liked that fact these vampire's can eat- not sure why that is because I always find the biting sexy.

Only thing that bugged me and I wouldn't even say bug but was just how accepting Mackenzie was to everything that happened to her but then I guess if I had a family history such as her's maybe I would be too that and a hot vampire like Dominic that's definitely a plus.

Overall this book is a fantastic start to another series that I definitely will be reading more of. If you love vampires like I do mixed with hot romance and loads of action check this book out.

Rating:


Sweetblood Series
Bonded By Blood
Hidden By Blood(novella)
Embraced by Blood (release date July 1st)
Enchanted by Blood(novella in anthology A Vampire For Christmas)
Tempted by Blood(tent date Feb 2012)

0 comments:

Post a Comment