Friday, November 11, 2011

Review of The Vampire Relationship Guide Volume 2 Secrets and Trust by Evelyn LaFont


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 226 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Helios Media, Inc. (August 29, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005K000SM
Lending: Enabled

Book Courtesy of Author


Author's Links:
Amazon Summary:
Josie’s come a long way from being an average human chick who just wants to sex-up a vampire. She’s dated, mated, and killed one of the world’s richest vamps and is currently seeing a mysterious, blood-slurping hottie named Walker.

Now, Josie must adjust to the realities of a steady relationship with a vampire, which isn’t all exciting parties, hot sex and moonlit walks. And with a vamp who’s anxious to push their relationship to the next phase as mortality bears down on his human’s fragile body, the pressure for Josie to commit is on.

Can their night-day romance survive leaving Josie’s character and individuality intact, or will the secrets of the supernatural community crush her spirit and her chance at a permanent vampire mate?

*Title is a 140-page novella.

WARNING: This is not your regular paranormal romance. This series explores the realities (such as they might be) of humans having relationships with vampires and uses a chick lit style to get there. Oh yeah--and the characters within are fallible and not entirely heroic.



Review:
I have been aching to read this book since I read the first book. It felt so good to enter the lives of Josie and Walker(sigh I so love him). I was like a kid in a candy store when I started this book today and I didn't stop(okay once to get a drink)until I was done.

This book picked up where we left off. Josie and Walker heading to Texas where he called home.
Talk about a stark contrast to where she lived, basically she went for suburban Florida to put it mildly deep in the county including an airstream trailer. I couldn't help but laugh as Josie tried to adjust to her new surroundings as well as try and figure out what kind of relationship she and Walker had.

I don't want to give too much away, but we are introduced to Were's in this book,(snicker) and wait to you see what kind of were Harry(Walker's friend)is. All I can say its very unique and that is exactly what I love about Evelyn's books.

Only thing I wish is that the book was a bit longer, I could have kept reading all night with these characters and storyline. The ending left me with a smile on my face and wanting more. So Evelyn please write faster.

If you loved the first book then I definitely think you will enjoy this one.

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment