Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Enchanted tours: Book Excerpt and Review: Bound to Remember by Lola James




Title: Bound to Remember (Spellbound #1) 
Author: Lola James 
Genre: Paranormal Romance

 Vampires and Witches and Myths, oh my! 

 Toni is a young doctor with a past she can't remember and a deadly reason for forgetting it. Ben is a nurse who has his own tragic past and transfers hospitals after an act of heroism forces his secluded life public. Ben can’t believe his eyes when he meets Toni, she has an uncanny resemblance to an old friend of his, and Toni can’t help but find Ben irresistible. Enter Kevin, Toni’s sexy but arrogant Ex. Kevin’s jealousy of Ben blinds him from his main objective, Toni. A dangerous secret is revealed and a magic spell seems to be a quick remedy, but the witch that helps has a little more than magic up her sleeve…

Author Bio:


 Lola James has been reading romance novels since her teens, and fell in love with the paranormal after discovering Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Her love of the dark worlds of vampires and witches, as well as her fascination with Greek mythology led her to create the Spellbound Series, an ongoing Paranormal Romance combining all of the above into tales of suspense with a little bit of humor in an Urban Fantasy setting.

A long time lover of reading and writing with a passion for a great story, James became discouraged by the complicated and arbitrary publishing process, James had initially set down her laptop and her hopes of being a writer. However, with the purchase of her first e-reader, James became re-energized by the new possibilities for an undiscovered author to reach the masses. Dusting off her keyboard she finally finished Bound to Remember, the first book of the Spellbound Series and self-published it. Energized and ambitious, James is now hard at work on both the Spellbound Series as well as the Fate Series, a paranormal romance about dreams and what happens if they come true.

Living in Southern California with her two beautiful children, James finds time to write in between her full-time job as a mother as well as her other full-time job as an HR manager, as well as her academic schedule as she studies for her Master’s degree which she hopes to complete in 2013. With the success of Bound to Remember, James hopes to continue to reach an audience that will allow her to leave her HR job and focus on her writing as a full time career.


 Excerpt 

 "Hello,” I held out my hand; “I'm Dr. Toni Hollander, but you can call me Toni.” He stared at me as if he were looking right though me and ignored my extended hand. A wave of embarrassment washed over me and I pulled my hand back. Maybe I imagined that staring thing with him a minute ago. My thoughts retreated to Kevin. He had only been the last in a long line of failed relationships, and I was starting to wonder if my terrible taste in men had struck again.

"Where are my manners? I am Benjamin, but you may call me Ben," he said with a toothy grin, as he pulled my hand into his. His hand was a degree colder than normal even in a hospital with the air conditioning set at the same temperature as the North Pole. I looked at his hand then wondered if his hot and cold behavior was from his own embarrassment. He was a bit clammy. I relaxed with that thought and smiled. 

Links 

Spellbound Series Blog:http://spellboundseries.blogspot.com/ 

Buy Books on: 
Amazon ( Free, Check it out! I'm glad I did)
Barnes and Noble (only 99 cents)



 Review: 

 I had this book sitting on my Kindle shelf for awhile now, and I finally decided to read it after finishing another book by Lola . Again, she won me over with the characters and the story line.

 What I love about her books is that I can relate with her lead female characters, they aren’t perfect, they have or seem to think they have imperfections. Toni is no exception. Though she is a doctor, she isn’t like her friend Dawn. Popular with the guys and such. Then walks in Ben, tall, dark and oh so sexy. He is a nurse who attracts everyone around him but he only has eyes for one and that is Toni.

This was such a fun read and didn’t end like I expected to, of course with a cliffhanger, but lucky I bought book 2 so I won’t have to wait long to find out what happens. If you haven’t read any of Lola’s books I highly suggest you do so, if you are fan of light, fun, paranormal.



 Rating:

Photobucket




Photobucket



0 comments:

Post a Comment