Saturday, February 19, 2011

On My Wishlist # 11

Photobucket

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too.


Donna/BLHmistress Wish List:
I love Alyssa Day's Warrior's of the Poseidon series and I have been wanting to get this book forever, I really need to get this book before her latest comes out in June which is Vampire in Atlantis.


Goodreads Summary:

Another Warriors of Poseidon novel for romance lovers to dive into...
What could Christophe, powerful Warrior of Poseidon, have in common with Fiona Campbell, the notorious jewel thief known as the Scarlet Ninja? Answer: The Siren, a legendary Crown Jewel that Fiona has targeted for her next heist. It's said to be worth millions, but to Christophe it's invaluable. For the Siren also happens to be one of the missing jewels from Poseidon's trident. But breaking into the Tower of London is a two-person job, and Christophe and Fiona must team up to commit the crime of the century.

Amazon

Kelly's Wishlist:

This book has been popping up on some "must read" and "best of the month" read lists last month and I'm intrigued. I don't know if I'm intrigued enough to buy it, but I did reserve a copy of it at my local library, assuming they get it in soon. I'm 14 on the waiting list so I'm thinking it will be soon. Anyway, it sounds interesting. Reviews have been mixed. I may be disappointed or I may be reading the next great read.

"A Discovery of Witches"

From Goodreads: "Deep in the stacks of Oxford's Bodleian Library, young scholar Diana Bishop unwittingly calls up a bewitched alchemical manuscript in the course of her research. Descended from an old and distinguished line of witches, Diana wants nothing to do with sorcery; so after a furtive glance and a few notes, she banishes the book to the stacks. But her discovery sets a fantastical underworld stirring, and a horde of daemons, witches, and vampires soon descends upon the library. Diana has stumbled upon a coveted treasure lost for centuries-and she is the only creature who can break its spell.

Debut novelist Deborah Harkness has crafted a mesmerizing and addictive read, equal parts history and magic, romance and suspense. Diana is a bold heroine who meets her equal in vampire geneticist Matthew Clairmont, and gradually warms up to him as their alliance deepens into an intimacy that violates age-old taboos. This smart, sophisticated story harks back to the novels of Anne Rice, but it is as contemporary and sensual as the Twilight series-with an extra serving of historical realism."

Amazon

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I'm jealous! I have a copy of A Discovery of Witches coming by way but it seems to be delays. I hope it's worth the wait!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Great list! I'm going to have to check these books out. :) Thanks for visiting! Nice blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I need to get around to reading that Atlantis series soon.

FICTION STATE OF MIND said...

Im so excited for discovery of witches! i got a signed Arc. thanks fro visiting my blog hope you get your books :)

Marathon said...

I don't know about you, but I want to BUY a copy of a Discovery of Witches! It sounds excellent and I'm more than a tad bit intrigued. As for Atlantis Betrayed, I'm definitely going to find my way to that one as well. Pfft. Poseiden...jewels..thieves..warriors, YES! Love it. Can't wait to read it for myself. :)

Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by the blog. Be safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy reading!

Asher K. (On My Wishlist)

Shari said...

I've been seeing Discovery of Witches every where. Sounds great! Shari of My Neurotic Book Affair

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Those sound like great books ;) Reading is so much fun. I'm following from Book Blogs.

ecwrites.blogspot.com

BLHmistress said...

I really want to read the Discovery of Witches too.

OH yea I highly recommend the Atlantis series.

Thanks Elisabeth love your blog too :)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh those are 2 I want to read as well. I want to get into the Atlantis series and I haven't yet. Great choices!

BLHmistress said...

They aren't very long reads but they are so so good all sorts of Lore in these books and I love her take on the lore as well its so different.

Unknown said...

I have not read Alyssa Day yet - maybe I should give her a try.

Nadea Ruzmen said...

Hi, I just chose you as one of the recipient of Seven Facts Award. Hope you will accept it. http://candychapstick.blogspot.com/2011/02/seven-facts-award.html

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Hi, the Goddess series looks so good! The Warriors of Poseidon looks amazing too, and I see one of you has A Discovery of Witches on your wishlist too!
Thanks for commenting and following me, too!

Mel said...

I really want to get hold A Discovery of Witches - great choice. I'm ashamed to admit I've not read any of the Atlantis series!

BLHmistress said...

Oh you should they are great if you love mythology mixed in with all types of lore these are for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to read these soon :)

Post a Comment