Monday, February 28, 2011

Kelly's IN MY MAILBOX #9

A weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where we post about all the books we have received whether in the mail, if we purchased it, or got it from our local library. Photobucket

Books I've Won: None. :( Although, I did enter a bunch of contests so I HOPE to win some soon!

Books I've Purchased and/or Checked out of the Library: Sadly, as most of you know, Borders is closing many of its stores. Happily for us readers, this meant mega bargains at the stores if you were willing to stand in line. I did. I purchased 3 books in the Demonica series that I didn't own yet. I also purchased the books I've been dying to get, This Side of the Grave (new Night Huntress Book) and Iron Crowned (new Dark Swan book). AND, from my library, I picked up books 4 and 5 in The Dark Hunter series. I LOVED this week!

Books I am Currently Reading: I just finished The Weird Sisters late last night so today, I will be cracking open an Alice Hoffman (of Practical Magic and Blackbird House fame) novel called The Red Garden. I'm very anxious to read this. I love the magical realism genre.



Books I Plan on Reading This Week:After I finish The Red Garden, I am going to read Succubus Blues for our monthly challenge read at the Goodreads site for Book Lover's Hideaway. Those are my two books a week. I doubt if I'll get much more read than that.

Today is also the last day in February. I read a total of 10 books in February. I'm impressed with myself. Add that to the 11 books I read in January and that means that I have 21 books under my belt for 2011 already. I sure hope I keep going on that pace.

Hey, if you haven't, come join us on our Good Read's group page. We have great challenges and some good reads coming up including a re-read of The Dark Hunters, Black Dagger Brotherhood and The Hunger Games Trilogy. Just click me and join!

Kelly
for Book Lover's Hideaway

1 comments:

Jeremy said...

Thanks for reminding me of Border's closeout. I will have to check it out. You got a lot of great reads this week for yourself. =)

Post a Comment