Thursday, July 19, 2012

Review: Hunters and Prey(Immortalis #2) by Katie Salidas


File Size: 532 KB
Print Length: 300 pages
Publisher: Rising Sign Books, LLC. (November 23, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004DNWEGS
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Source: My own copy


Blurb:
The exciting sequel to Immortalis Carpe Noctem.

Rule number one: humans and vampires don't co-exist. One is the hunter and one is the prey. Simple, right? Not for newly-turned vampire Alyssa. A surprise confrontation with Santino Vitale, the Acta Sanctorum's most fearsome hunter, sends her fleeing back to the world she once knew, and Fallon, the human friend she's missed more than anything. Now she has some explaining to do. However, that will have to wait. With the Acta Sanctorum hot on their heels, staying alive is more important than educating a human on the finer points of bloodlust.

Review:
The problem with sequels, they sometimes don't live up to the first books excitement or vice versa they are better than the first. What I found with this book is that, it is just as good if not better. It picks up where we left off in the first book. Alyssa, still adjusting to life as a vampire when Santino, the hunter chases her back to her old world. That is one thing she is still having trouble with letting go.

Again I could feel the confusion this character is experiencing through out this book, and her stubbornness as well as her potential for trouble finding her is what draws me to a character like Alyssa.

What can I say about Lysander, you already know how much I love him. I felt sorry for him a bit in this one with all the trouble Alyssa was getting into. As for all the other characters they are back, I love Drew and Nicholas(though he is a bit rough around the edges),Crystal and Rozaline as well as Alyssa's Best friend and only human, Fallon. I love the whole cast of characters, they mesh so well together.

This book was a fun ride and left me craving for more, I can't wait to read Pandora's Box and then Soulstone. I am just hoping there will be more after that. I just can't get enough of this series. It's definitely feeding my series addiction.

Rating:
5 out 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment