Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortalis #1) by Katie Salidas


File Size: 647 KB
Print Length: 346 pages
Publisher: Rising Sign Books, LLC (March 2, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B003AYF3NW
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Source: My own copy


Blurb:
Becoming a vampire is easy. Living with the condition...that's the hard part.

Rescued from a brutal mugging on the college campus of UNLV, 25 year old Alyssa is initiated into a frightening, eternally dark world she never knew existed. The world of the vampire.

Stricken with cravings of blood, and forced leave behind all she knew, Alyssa struggles with the change. And Lysander, her sexy but aloof sire, is the only one who can help guide her.

There's no turning back now. It's either, Carpe Noctem, or final death.

Review:
I read a couple of Katie Salida's books before and fell in love with her style of writing, so I knew I had to get this series. She didn't disappoint, in fact I think I became even more of a fan of hers.

The story draws you in from the very first page and doesn't let go until the very last page. The fact its written in first person is even better, yes you read this right I actually am becoming a fan of first person. What, at least to me is unique, is that you get to experience what its like to be turned and what happens and how the changes effect Alyssa.

I felt every emotion Alyssa felt, from confusion, to anger to finally acceptance. She is a tough, subborn but yet still vulnerable vampire. Lysander, oh how I love him, he is all I want in a vampire, broody, stern but you do eventually get to see his vulnerable side as well. If I had a maker he would be the perfect one to have.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, without a doubt, if you love vampires and wondered what it's like to be a newborn vampire, combined with action, and romance. This book is for you. I already read the second book and can't wait to dive into the 3rd. One thing I hope is that, this series continues on for a long time.




Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

fredamans said...

I've had this book for a while.. a long while, but haven't touched it. I picked it up a few times, but always put it back down. After reading your review, the next time I pick it up, I will stick with reaing it.

BLHmistress said...

It is well worth it and the second book is as good if not better than the first.

Unknown said...

I love the book.Cant't wait to read the second book myself.

BLHmistress said...

Didn't I tell you , you would love this :)

Post a Comment