Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Review of Dangerous Highlander by Donna Grant


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 453 KB
Print Length: 352 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0312381220
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks; 1 edition (April 1, 2010)
Sold by: Macmillan
Language: English
ASIN: B0031R5JSW
Source: My Own Copy


Amazon Summary:
He is magnificently strong—and dangerously seductive. One of the fiercest of his clan, Lucan MacLeod is a legend among warriors, inspiring fear in man and woman alike. For three hundred years, he has locked himself away from the world, hiding the vengeful god imprisoned in his soul. But then, a young lass caught in a raging storm awakens his deepest impulses…and darkest desires.

Cara doesn’t believe the rumors about MacLeod castle—until the majestic Highland warrior appears like a fiery vision in the storm, pulling her into his powerful arms, and into his world of magic and Druids. An epic war between good and evil is brewing. And Lucan must battle his all-consuming attraction for Cara—or surrender to the flames of a reckless, impossible love that threatens to destroy them both…

Review:
I have been wanting to read this series for awhile now, I have seen many good reviews and they have been on my wishlist/TBR for what seems like forever. I finally bought this one out of whim one day. Not sure why hot cover, story called to me but I am sure glad I did. My only regret is that I didn't start or buy this book sooner.

This book combines both of my favorite genres in one, paranormal historical. I was certainly surprised just how fast I read this book, I read this book in one day- I just couldn't put it down. May I point out first and for most I loved the characters that is a must for me, to be able to connect to them which I did wholeheartedly.

As much as I loved the main characters, I equally loved the side characters. I loved the relationships not only with Lucan and Cara but with the brothers as well. I loved how despite all they had been through they stuck together as a family should. What I found especially nice was how welcome they made this girl feel at home though there was a few tense moments.

The backstory was very easy to understand and not once did I feel confused or that it dragged on too long. Overall this book captured my attention and held it to the very end. I can't wait to read Fallon's book which is next in the series, Forbidden Highlander.

Rating:



Series's Reading Order:
Dangerous Highlander
Forbidden Highlander
Wicked Highlander
Untamed Highlander
Shadow Highlander(coming soon)

9 comments:

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Great review! This has been in my pile for a while too! We just have so many books to read don't we? I recently met Donna Grant at a signing. You can see my post about it here:

http://riverinaromantics.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-book-signing_19.html

BLHmistress said...

Thank you :), I am so glad I finally got to it. It was a amazing book. I would love to someday go to a book signing. maybe someday.

My TBR list is so huge its not funny. I'm trying to get it down.

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

D. I don't think we'll ever get our lists down LOL! Every time I see a new book on GR I add it to the list. I think I have over 600 titles!

BLHmistress said...

LOL,I haven't counted mine. I'm afraid too. Everytime I try to get it down, I add 100 more LOL.

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

We're addicts!

BLHmistress said...

We are but we could have worse addictions, though my wallet wouldn't think so :).

bittenbyromance said...

I loved this book. I have the second book hope to one day read it. Nice review.

Jeremy said...

Great review. Paranormal and Historical are my favorites too. I'm going to add this one to my TBR list.

BLHmistress said...

Oh you should it was so so good, I am reading Forbidden Highlander now and its so far just as good.

Post a Comment