Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review of Warrior Reborn by KH LeMoyne


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 591 KB
Publisher: Digital Crystal Press (April 15, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004WSQFBO
Lending: Enabled


Book courtesy of KH LeMoyne and The Bookish Snob Promotions Tour, click HERE for more information on the BSP.


Amazon Summary:
They are the Guardians of Eden—each created with a unique supernatural talent.

Having successfully hidden her abilities from humans for two hundred years, Briet quietly applies the gifts of cellular-level vision to help patients in need. Until she meets her human soul-mate, Jason Ballard.

Jason holds the reigns to the protocol Briet’s patients’ need for recovery. But can she trust a man all too human and grounded in his world to understand hers, much less believe her? When a deadly threat targets her patients, he is the only one she trusts to help stop an evil only the two of them can fight.

Jason has a perfect success rate for delivering of new drugs from test-to-market. Used to influencing people, rules and guidelines delineate every facet of his professional and personal life. The last thing he expects is to be tempted to waiver by the new spitfire doctor on his latest test team. Especially as she starts stirring up issues. Dangerous issues. Issues flagging jeopardy for the lives of the children in the test. Issues the drug manufacturer, his employer, would prefer be ignored. An unacceptable outcome, forcing Jason to walk a dangerous line between job and conscience as he plunges with Briet to ferret out the twisted scheme in time to save her patients.

Escalating to a final life-altering decision, Jason will risk every careful plan he’s ever made for the woman he learns to value more than life. For Jason and Briet, their final gamble will change destiny more than either could ever predict.

Review:
When I first read this blurb, I thought this was just up my alley though I hadn't realized this was the second book in this series until after I signed up for this tour. I became worried will I understand the back story for the guardians and though I was a bit confused at times , I found this book an enjoyable read.

First of all I love the unigue names of the characters. I always wonder how and where a author comes up with their characters names. Though her male lead character has a ordinary name, the female character is unique, Briet as well as her fellow guardians, one being her brother,Ansgar (who I hope has his own book in the future) I really liked him in fact I think he was one of my favorite characters, though overly protective at times and to Briet very irritating.

Briet, a guardian who uses her powers to help terminally ill children who finds her mate while working together on a drug to help these children. What I loved about Briet, was even though she knew her destiny she still made sure her independence shown through.

Jason, who is the typical playboy finds himself drawn to this doctor and I love how even though he struggled with his demons he came to realize just how much Briet meant to him.

Overall I did enjoy this book very much, in fact I want to go back and read the first book to read Mia and Turen and see if it would answer some of the questions I had with this book. Would I recommend yes, if you are looking for an unique tale of supernatural beings this one is for you.

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment