Monday, July 25, 2011

Review of Vampire Bites by Katie Salidas


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 549 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Rising Sign Books, LLC (April 18, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004X6TIKA
Lending: Enabled


Book courtesy of Katie Salidas and The Bookish Snob Promotions Tour, for more information on the The BSP tours click HERE

Amazon Summary:
Enjoy three novella-length stories of love, lust, and vampire bites.

House of Immortal Pleasures:
Blindfolded, and kidnapped by her friends, Daphne is whisked away to the famed, House of Immortal Pleasures, a Vampire-run Brothel in Pahrump, Nevada.

Sometimes the only way to mend a broken heart is to get back in the saddle. At least that is how Daphne's friends see it. And since Daphne isn't showing any signs of letting that happen, they take it into their own hands. With a few shots of liquid courage, a pat on the ass, and a donated gold card, Daphne is unwillingly sent to meet her creature of the night, Connor.

Karma & Melodies:
Ten years after she was stolen from the mortal world, Kendra runs into the man she had always loved. But she's not longer a human and he's a popular musician on tour with his band. Can they find a way to make love work?

Halloween Fantasies:
Touted as the sexiest party of the year, the annual Halloween Fantasy Ball is the one place a girl can let loose and succumb to her wildest fantasies. Disguised as a sexy vampire huntress, Sasha captures the attention of Dante, a real life creature of the night. And this sexy vampire has a few fantasies to share.

These stories contain consensual sexual situations and strong language. Adult readers only.

Review:
This book consists of 3 short novellas,House of Immortal Pleasures,Karma & Melodies and Halloween Fantasies. First up is:

House of Immortal Pleasures was a really quick hot read, Sometimes novellas for me seem rushed but I didn't feel this way with this first story. I really liked Daphne and I could definitely relate with being done with men at least for the while that is until her friends wisk her off to this vampire brothel. Conner the vampire she is introduced to help her, I could relate to as well, He is a 'sex' slave as his punishment for killing a human.

I loved this story, for several different reasons, the characters were well written, the back-story was quick but didn't leave you confused,the hot scenes were hot but sweet one thing. And finally the story was tied up all neatly with a Happily Ever After. Only thing I can think of is I would love to read more of Conner and Daphne. This book was a great start to the three novellas in this book.

Karma & Melodies
This is the second story in this book and I have to say it grabbed my attention almost right away. It combines both loves of mine vampires and rock music. This time around the Vampire is a newly turned only about 10 yrs old and escapes her evil master to find the man she had a crush on before she was turned.

I really enjoyed this story as well it was a bit different, teases of hotness set the pace for this one, it was more about how Kendra though she really wanted to be with Marcus she was afraid to be. One thing about this one there that I felt Katie did really well with I really didn't like a couple characters in this book one being the evil master, Hector and two being Mike who just didn't want to give Kendra a chance no matter what she had said. I credit Katie for wonderful writing for me to feel so angry towards these characters.

Halloween Fantasies
Holy hotness! Is pretty much how I can summarize this steamy story. Angela and Sasha go to the hottest Halloween Party of the year hoping to find the man of their dreams or fantasies as it may be. I will say this is my favorite out of the three, though I loved them all this one had me sticking my head in front of the A/C to cool off.

Sasha is my type of girl a bit unsure of herself but on the inside longing for the dark and dangerous which she finds with Dante and let me say Dante is my type of Vampire as well put these two together and you have a hot fantasy filled adventure.

Overall this book was a fun, hot steamy read and I read it all in one day, only bad thing it ended it too soon. I definitely say this is a must read for Vampire lovers looking for a quick hot read. I haven't had a chance to read Katie's books til now and let me say she has a new fan in me.


Rating:

2 comments:

Denise Z said...

Thank you for sharing today. I have been following this tour and really enjoy Katie Salidas's writing.

BLHmistress said...

Katie is great, the only regret is I waited so long to read anything by her. I can't wait to read her other books.

Post a Comment