Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sookie Series Reviews Book Four, Five and Six


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 465 KB
Print Length: 320 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0441011675
Publisher: Ace (May 3, 2005)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing
Language: English
Source Own Copy


Goodreads Summary:
When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, she doesn't just drive on by. Turns out the poor thing hasn't a clue who he is, but Sookie does. It's Eric the vampire--but now he's a kinder, gentler Eric. And a scared Eric, because whoever took his memory now wants his life.

Review:
I heard many great things about this book about how this is practically everyone's favorite book out of the series and now I can see why. I believe it is now my favorite as well, I know you all are saying you said that for the last book well a girl can change her mind can't she?

Everyone knows how I feel about badass Eric but I loved how we got to see a softer side and it just made me want this couple together even more and made my heart melt a few times. And the shower scene well I can see what everyone has been talking about. Wow that was smoking hot. I am almost tempted to do a reread of this book just for that scene alone.

And finally I loved how the Vamps and Were's came together even if it was briefly to take care of the threat that involved both supernatural worlds. All and all this book was amazing, the action rocked, and though Charlotte doesn't do too steamy she certainly pulled off in this book though a couple times the phrases caused me to giggle.



Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 522 KB
Print Length: 295 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0441012795
Publisher: Ace (April 25, 2006)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing
Language: English
Source Own Copy


Goodreads Summary:
When she is not waitressing or preoccupied with her own amorous adventures, telepath Sookie Stackhouse is tracking down a serial killer of shapeshifters. Her sleuthing is partly altruistic, but she's also trying to save her were-panther brother, Jason, who has become the chief suspect in the crime.

Sookie's got just a month, before the next full moon, to find out who wants her brother dead - and to stop the fiend! Sookie Stackhouse enjoys her life, mostly. She's a great cocktail waitress in a fun bar; she has a love life, albeit a bit complicated, and most people have come to terms with her telepathy. The problem is, Sookie wants a quiet life - but things just seem to happen to her and her friends. Now her brother Jason's eyes are starting to change: he's about to turn into a were-panther for the first time. She can deal with that, but her normal sisterly concern turns to cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population. She afraid not just because Jason's at risk, but because his new were-brethren suspect Jason may be the shooter. Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who's behind the attacks - unless the killer decides to find her first.

Review:
Book 5 we get to meet Quinn and I have to say though I am and always be Team Eric, he isn't that bad of a guy. We have Jason turning into part werepanther so that was interesting and how he coped was a lot better than most of us.

I did like this book it had all the action I love but I have to say I was really disappointed in Alcide, I never expected him to turn like that. I don't want to say too much so I don't give anything away.

What I love about Charlaine's writing though she may have several different situations going on not once am I confused. Another thing is that though you may suspect who or what done what when the answer is revealed it still surprises you.


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 471 KB
Print Length: 324 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0441014003
Publisher: Ace (May 2, 2006)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing
Language: English
Source: Own Copy


Goodreads Summary:
This entry in Charlaine Harris's genre-blending Southern Vampire series -- an amalgam of mystery, dark fantasy, and paranormal romance -- is easily the most revealing and thematically pivotal volume to date. In the saga's sixth installment, Definitely Dead, telepathic Louisiana barmaid Sookie Stackhouse finds out jaw-dropping information about her first love, 130-something vampire Bill Compton, as well as equally astonishing insights into her own ancestry.

After her only cousin, Hadley, is murdered by one of the undead, Sookie travels to New Orleans to close out the young woman's apartment and collect her things. The unsavory job gets complicated quickly; Hadley was the "honeybun" of the bisexual vampire Queen of Louisiana, the seemingly ageless bloodsucker Sophie-Anne Leclerq. The queen has recently married another powerful sovereign in an attempt to forge a formidable alliance, and tensions in the supernatural community are running high. But when Sookie and her new love interest, a were-tiger named Quinn, are inexplicably kidnapped, the mind-reading waitress must unravel the mysterious circumstances of her cousin's murder before she ends up dead as well


Review:
I am at this point going to say this isn't my favorite book it might be my least favorite so far. There are parts of this book I did like, some I didn't. I really loved hearing more about Hadley and Queen Sophie Anne's relationship as well as we got to see in the past of Queen Sophie Anne and how she came to be a vampire.

One part which brought tears to my eyes when the truth was revealed about Bill and Queen Sophie-Ann, poor Sookie. I was hoping some redemption came for Bill but it just seems to be highly unlikely now.

Honestly as much as I like Quinn, I don't know if I really like him and Sookie together. Lastly I will say while parts I didn't care for I did love the battle at the end and Bill though I still am not sure about redeemed himself a bit in my eyes at the end(I did kind of feel sorry for him).

Overall Rating:

2 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I actually haven't watched an episode of True Blood (It's hard not hard not having HBO, although I know there are other ways), but I have read most of the books. Your views on the guys are pretty much spot on with mine. I liked Alcide at first, but after everything that happened it was hard to still feel for him. And I like Quinn too, but he just doesn't seem to fit with Sookie.

BLHmistress said...

I was really upset with Alcide I expected more from Bill lately but not him that was a huge curve ball for me. And I am so glad which I forgot to mention the whole thing with Debbie is over now finally.

Post a Comment