Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review of The Demon Kiss by Lacey Weatherford


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 284 KB
Publisher: Global Author's Publications (April 13, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B00452V8SW
Lending: Enabled
Source: Own Copy


Goodreads Summary:
Can someone else's past come back to bite you?

After being drained of nearly all the blood in her body, novice witch, Portia Mullins, wakes up to find that her warlock boyfriend, Vance Mangum, has fled in search of his demon father. Determined to keep him from facing the evil alone Portia follows after him, unknowingly setting herself on the path of a new adventure that will take her, Vance, and their coven over international borders, into a foreign place where they will discover that the black magic which awaits them is far worse than they ever imagined. Portia finds herself tangled up in a web of lies and deceit in another's quest for demonic power in the excitingly romantic second paranormal novel in the Of Witches and Warlocks Series, The Demon Kiss.

Review:
I really regret not reading this book sooner, after thoroughly enjoying The Trouble With Spells book so much. I read this book literally in just a few hours I was so entranced by Vance and Portia all over again. I may have mentioned this before but I do have to say it again so forgive me but Lacey writes some killer kissing scenes.

This book picks up where we left off, Vance disappearing and Portia sets off with her friends to go find him and that is where action begins. Can I just say I am more in love with Vance if that is possible than I was in the first book. And Portia, what a tough cookie she is. I could ramble all night about how awesome this book is but I think you should find out for yourselves. Pick up this book and if you haven't read the first that's okay you can read this book and not be lost at all. But I do suggest reading The Trouble with Spells too.

And lastly lucky I am moving on to Book 3 now or I would be screaming at my pc screen in how this book ended. Talk about shock factor!!

Rating:

4 comments:

Lark Andrea said...

I am going to have to check out this series. Thanks for the review!

Andrea @ Reading Lark

Jeremy said...

Awesome review. I love books about witches and this one sounds great from your review.

Jackie said...

I made the same mistake, read book 1 for Lacey's book tour and then bought book 2&3 and they are still waiting. Oh well now book 4 is coming round and there is possibly a 5th so waiting a while longer will not hurt me.
Glad Portia and Vance did not disappoint Donna, hope book 3 does not have a shocker ending with cliff hanger too!

BLHmistress said...

Just wait til you get to book 3 oh man, she is cruel with the cliffhangers that's for sure.

But I could read this series forever, 'sigh' love love love love Vance.

Post a Comment