Saturday, December 18, 2010

On My Wishlist # 4

Photobucket


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click HERE
.


First on my wishlist is heard a lot of great things about this series so I bumped it up on my list.

Photobucket

Paperback, 341 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by NAL Trade (first published 2009)
ISBN 0451226259 (ISBN13: 9780451226259)
primary language English
original title Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
series Chicagoland Vampires #1
characters Merit, Ethan Sullivan, Mallory Carmichael, Catcher Bell, Jeff Christopher ...more
setting Chicago, Illinois
Amazon
Goodreads Summary:

First in a brand new series about a Chicago graduate student's introduction into a society of vampires.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn't exactly glamorous, but it was Merit's. She was doing fine until a rogue vampire attacked her. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker and this one decided the best way to save her life was to make her the walking undead.

Turns out her savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now she's traded sweating over her thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o' the Manor" Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four-hundred- year-old vampire, he has centuries' worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects her gratitude and servitude. But an inconvenient sunlight allergy and Ethan's attitude are the least of her concerns. Someone's still out to get her. Her initiation into Chicago's nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war and there will be blood.


Another I seen floating around that caught my attention.

Photobucket

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by HQN Books
ISBN 0373772335 (ISBN13: 9780373772339)
primary language English
original title Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1)
url http://www.brendajoyce.com/novels_masters.htm
series Masters of Time #1
characters Claire Camden, Malcolm (MacLean) of Dunroch
setting New York (United States)
Scotland, 1427 (United Kingdom)
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:

Malcolm of Dunroch is a newly chosen Master, a novice to his extraordinary—and dangerous—powers. But he has already broken his vows—and a young woman's death is on his hands. Malcolm is determined to fight his darkest desires, denying himself all pleasure…until fate sends him another Innocent, the beautiful bookseller Claire Camden.

Since her mother's murder, Claire has done everything possible to make a safe, secure life for herself in a city where danger lurks on every street corner, especially in the dark of night. But nothing can prepare her for the powerful and sexual medieval warrior who sweeps her back into his time—a treacherous, frightening world where the hunters and the hunted are one and the same. Claire needs Malcolm to survive, yet she must somehow keep the dangerously seductive Master at arm's length. For Malcolm's soul is at stake—and fulfilling his desires could prove fatal…


Another who I stumbled across while blog surfing/reading reviews.

Photobucket

Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published July 1st 2004 by HarperTorch (first published 2003)
ISBN 0060572965 (ISBN13: 9780060572969)
primary language English
original title Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1)
url http://www.kimharrison.net
series Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #1
characters Rachel Morgan, Iv
Amazon
Goodreads Summary:

The underground population of witches, vampires, werewolves—creatures of dreams and nightmares—has lived beside humans for centuries, hiding their powers. But after a genetically engineered virus wipes out a large part of humanity, many of the "Inderlanders" reveal themselves, changing everything.

Rachel Morgan, witch and bounty hunter with the Inderland Runner Services, is one of the best at apprehending supernatural lawbreakers throughout Cincinnati, but when it comes to following the rules, she falls desperately short. Determined to buck the system, she quits and takes off on the run with an I.S. contract on her head and is reluctantly forced to team up with Ivy, Inderland's best runner . . . and a living vampire. But this witch is way out of her league, and to clear her name, Rachel must evade shape-changing assassins, outwit a powerful businessman/crime lord, and survive a vicious underground fight-to-the-death . . . not to mention her own roommate.

24 comments:

S (Book Purring) said...

I'm not familiar with any of these :( but the last one caught my eye the cover is smexy. I hope you get them soon :D

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVED the MASTERS OF TIME series. You will not be dissapointed!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Naj said...

The first book caught by eye and sounds like fun! I'll be adding them TBR pile! Hope you get them, :D

My wishlist

Juli Rahel said...

Great batch of books!! I'll be posting My Wishlist in the next hour!!
And I'm also reviewing Sunrise to Sunset!! :D
Did u read Moon Rising??
Have a nice weekend!!

Blodeuedd said...

I tried to get my library to buy Neill but dunno if it has worked yet, cos yeah want it too :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about Dead Witch Walking. I can't wait to get my hands on that one :) Hope you get read these soon. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

Jackie said...

I have loved every book in The Hollows series and the Masters Of Time/Rose series books by Joyce were juicy time travel romances!
Hope you get them all and love them as much as everyone else has that you read reviews from on each of these series!

My Wishlist

jackie >_<

BLHmistress said...

@Universe in Words- I haven't read Moon Rising I asked her if it mattered she said no but I would like too. I can't wait to get into Sunset

A Hippie's Bookshelf said...

These all sound so good and loves the wish list hop. I'm going to have to get busy to get in on it :)

Cynthia
The Wytch's Mirror
Wytching

Unknown said...

Those are some great choices! The Hollows series is a good one to get into!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Great choices! I so want to get into the Hallows series. I've also heard great things about the Chicago Vamp series too!

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

I've been wanting to start the Chicagoland Vamps series, I've heard great things about it.
I love all things Kim Harrison. The Hollows series is one of my favorites.
Hope you get everything you're wishing for, happy reading!

pussreboots said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great choices hon!! The hollows series is awesome! and I really like the chicagoland vamp series too! =D

BLHmistress said...

@Larissa thanks to you my reason for The Hollow series , can't wait to get them. And the Chicagoland series sounds so so good too.

@pussreboots its okay checking it out.

stitches said...

I love the style of your blog! It's very bold and I love things that have more substance behind them...


I think that you should definitely buy Some Girls Bite. I haven't read the other ones, but i think that Chloe Neill really knows how to keep a reader interested in her work. Her work is similar to that of Jeaniene Frost, when it comes to style of the writing, so if you liked Night Huntress Series, you will definitely like Some Girls Bite.

AO said...

hi BLH! i envy your list and wished i had more access to books from where i'm from. i just have to make do with what's available. thanks for dropping by my blog. the KJ series was fun to read and made me feel young again. your friends who have little ones will surely love them too. have a great weekend! c",)

Jennifer said...

I've had Dead Witch Walking in my TBR for a while now it sounds like a great read. Maybe (fingers crossed) I'll get to it soon. The other two are new to me...nice covers though.

Celine said...

Nice wishlist!

I've only read the Kim Harrison series, I'm sure you will like them if you're into urban fantasy.

Hope you get to them soon (:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I am so far behind in the Kim Harrison series... I totally need to fix that, but doing so will put me behind in all the other series I'm working my way through, too...

Ever think there's TOO MUCH good stuff out there?

Stopping in via the new thread at Ning, the one all about making new followers. I hope you'll stop in at West of Mars.

Orhedea said...

Oh, blast you! I have a serious exam tomorrow and now i'm stuck behind "Some Girls Can Bite". It's pretty good.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm going to have to check out the Brenda Joyce series. I'm only used to her historical fiction.

Unknown said...

Lots of good books here. It seems that many people will be reading some exciting books over the holidays.
Mike Draper

Miss Page-Turner said...

Hey Kim Harrison is on so many wishlists and I haven't even read one novel by her. Should really do that right? Hope you get your wishes soon:)

Post a Comment