Monday, January 31, 2011

Kelly's Review; ETERNITY EMBRACED

ETERNITY EMBRACED

By: Larissa Ione

Demonica Series 3.5

Kindle Edition E-Book (available only in digital download)

First Printing: 2011

Amazon; Goodreads

Concept: “Desire…Demon slayer Andrea Cole has always taken down the demons and vampires she hunts without mercy. But when a fellow slayer is captured and turned into a vampire by a sadistic monster, she must choose between loyalty to her family and the man she loves.

Versus Instint…

Kaden Quinn has dedicated his life to slaying vampires, so when he is turned into one, his greatest nightmare comes to life. And when the woman he loves is thrown into a dungeon with him — as food — he must battle new instincts and old desires, and choose between his life, and hers.”

Review: The Demonica series has quickly become a paranormal romance genre favorite and if I ever have to go into the hospital, I will pray I go to Underworld General Hospital where the sexy demons, vampires, shifters and other bump in the night lovelies frolic. When I noticed that my book club’s founding mistress got this book, I practically threw myself at her feet begging for a lended copy to read. Wasn’t she amazing for passing it on to me? I think so. And thank you Amazon for allowing lended copies to be shared! So when I opened my Kindle, I found Kaden and Andrea in that part of the world that is the Demonica series. This is a short novella, so there can’t be a lot of character building and scene setting but the story sucks you in anyway. There’s a newly turned Kaden trying to deal with his past, current and newly discovered feelings and there’s Andrea who can’t seem to quit thinking about sex, even in the midst of a life or death circumstance. It climaxes with a nice wound up scene with some of our favorite characters from the first Demonica book, Eidolon and Tayla. Through it all, Ms. Ione writes some of the hottest sex scenes around. This is a quick but seriously fun read!

What I liked: My favorite quote, maybe my second favorite ever comes from this gem. When speaking about vampires and vampire killers: “Oh yeah, he definitely appreciated a hot chick who knew how to handle wood. Pun intended.” It’s THAT sort of sense of humor that keeps me coming back to Ms. Ione’s books.

I also want to note that if I were Ms. Ione and I were trying to sell new readers on buying all the Demonica series books, I would start them out with a free version of this novella. It gives you a taste of the style and excitement that is in the Demonica series books and it shows us enough characters to know that all the Demonica books have got to be excellent right??? Of course right (and I haven’t even read all of them)!

What I disliked: It was a little hard for me to fall into the belief that while one is about to be killed by either a) one’s former lover who has been turned vampire or b) said bad vampire who turned one’s former lover, that one’s crotch takes over and makes you want hot, molten sex. I really didn’t care for that particular scene BUT, it’s a novella. It’s supposed to be short. It is still is a fun read and you just have to read it for the fun of the story.

My rating: 4 Stars.

Kelly

for Book Lover's Hideaway

1 comments:

BLHmistress said...

You're welcome :) I am so glad you liked it too.

As for that quote I laughed out loud and its my fave quote too.

Larissa Ione' weaves a wonderful tale and even this was short I loved it as much as a full novel but it has me aching for her new series.

I tweeted her how much I loved it and she responded so not only is she a fantastic writer but sweet as well

She told me don't fret so to speak(not her exact words but) The Demonica characters will show up in her new series and she said and there still might be some more Demonica books- you should havae seen me do a happy dance when I read that.

First for her tweeting me back and second there might be more books YAY!!!

Post a Comment