Saturday, January 29, 2011

On My Wishlist # 8

Photobucket

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too.

These books I have been having my eye on for awhile now, They are mostly YA this week.

Firespell (Dark Elite, Book 1) by Chloe Neill
Photobucket

Reading level: Young Adult
Mass Market Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Signet (January 5, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0451228863
ISBN-13: 978-0451228864

Amazon

Amazon Summary:
New Girl.
New School.
Old Evil.

From the author of the Chicagoland Vampires novels.

A new series about a boarding school filled with something worse than homework.

Lily's parents have sent her to a fancy boarding school in Chicago filled with the ultra-rich. If that wasn't bad enough, she's hearing and seeing bizarre things on St. Sophie's creepy campus. Her roommate, Scout, keeps her sane, but keeps disappearing at night. When one day Lily finds Scout running from real-life monsters, she learns the hard way that Scout is involved in a splinter group of rebel teens.

They protect Chicago from demons, vamps, and dark magic users. It's too bad Lily doesn't have powers of her own to help. At least, none that she's discovered yet...

Second book in the series is:

Hexbound (Dark Elite, Book 2)
Photobucket

Amazon

Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Signet; Original edition (January 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0451230795
ISBN-13: 978-0451230799

Amazon Summary:
Lily Parker is new to St. Sophia's School for Girls, but she's already learned that magic can be your best friend-or your worst enemy. That's why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered paranormal abilities while fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago's nastiest nightlife-including the tainted magic users known as Reapers...

I want this one because I love Cleopatra and from what I heard its an awesome read.

Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
Photobucket

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade (January 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0425238555
ISBN-13: 978-0425238554

Amazon

Amazon Summary:
With her parents dead, the daughter of Cleopatra and Mark Antony is left at the mercy of her Roman captors. Heir to one empire and prisoner of another, Princess Selene must save her brothers and reclaim what is rightfully hers...

In the aftermath of Alexandria's tragic fall, Princess Selene is taken from Egypt, the only home she's ever known. Along with her two surviving brothers, she's put on display as a war trophy in Rome. Selene's captors mock her royalty and drag her through the streets in chains, but on the brink of death, the children are spared as a favor to the emperor's sister, who takes them to live as hostages in the so-called lamentable embassy of royal orphans...

Trapped in a Roman court of intrigue that reviles her heritage and suspects her faith, Selene can't hide the hieroglyphics that carve themselves into her flesh. Nor can she stop the emperor from using her for his own political ends. Faced with a new and ruthless Caesar who is obsessed with having a Cleopatra of his very own, Selene is determined to honor her mother's lost legacy. The magic of Egypt and Isis remain within her. Can she succeed where her mother failed? And what will it cost her in a political game where the only rule is win or die?


This is another I have been wanting for awhile, not posting the whole series but I do want them all.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Photobucket

Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 512 pages
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry; First Edition edition (February 19, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416955070
ISBN-13: 978-1416955078

Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end

15 comments:

Mystica said...

lily of the Nile is on my wishlist too!

Naj said...

City of Bones was on my first wishlist. I still haven't gotten it. :( Oh well! Soon! Great wishlist!

On my wishlist

Shah Wharton said...

LOving your blog diesign and content - I'll definately be checking in on some of these books too - right up my street. I'm your new follower.

My Weekend Creation Blog Hop which started yesterday and lasts till sunday evening. Its especially for creative thinkers/blogs/bloggers. Its my first blog hop too - so I'm nurturing it so that people like us can link up. Its at http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/ now.

Shah .X

Jo K said...

Lily of the Nile sounds intriguing. I like historical fiction, so it defenitely goes to my wish list, too.

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks for mentioning Lily of the Nile! I hope you enjoy it when you have the chance to read it. As an added bonus, anyone who sends me a receipt for having bought the book (in whatever format in whatever store), I will send an ankh charm to remind them of Selene ;)

BLHmistress said...

Thanks Stephanie for stopping by, I was glad to mention, Cleopatra fascinates me and I am surely gonna love it.! Will a forward of confirmation email do for receipt do? Most likely I will be buying it from Amazon.

Unknown said...

That'll do perfectly, Oh Mistress of the Book Lover's Hideaway ;)

BLHmistress said...

I like that title :), will do as soon as I get it most likely next week if my son doesn't break me money wise- gotta love teenagers :)

MoonStar said...

The first book sounds interesting :) I will be putting it on my TBR list :) Thanks for sharing..

Please feel free to check out my wishlist this week: http://moonstarsfantasyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-my-wishlist_29.html

Mel said...

I haven't heard of Lily of the Nile before but it sounds really good - I love Egypt and Rome themed books. Hope you get all these books soon! :)

*Melissa* said...

I have Firespell on TBR list and Ive read the City of Bones series which you will really love. You have some really great choices. New follower!
I love your header btw.

Here's my Wishlist
http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-my-wishlist2.html

Ing said...

Hey girl..just stopping by to see your list. Nice covers.

Also seriously you need to try the Breed series. They're not all Grade A but as a whole they are really good!

Have a great weekend! On My Wishlist

Unknown said...

Lily of the Nile sounds intriguing. I'll keep an eye out for this ...

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Great list. I've wanted Lily too. Oh and I have City of Bones on my tbr... just need to get to it! :)

Anonymous said...

I have City of Bones, just need to get to it. I've heard great things about that series. Hope you get to read all these soon :)

Post a Comment