Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #8

Photobucket


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine That spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.


My WOW is going to be a mixture this week-paranormal(typical I know lol but this week I will have mostly YA.

First is Raziel by Kristina Douglas

Photobucket

Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Pocket (January 25, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1439191921
ISBN-13: 978-1439191927
Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 4.2 x 1.2 inches
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Kristina Douglas’s sexy new series introduces a realm of fallen angels and ruthless demons, where an eternal rebellion is brewing . . . and one unsuspecting woman can change the fate of the Fallen forever.

She was just an ordinary mortal . . .

“You’re dead” is so not what Allie Watson wants to hear. Unfortunately, it explains a lot. Like the dark, angelically handsome man who ferried her to this strange, hidden land. The last thing she remembers is stepping off a curb in front of a crosstown bus. Now she’s surrounded by gorgeous fallen angels with an unsettling taste for blood—and they really don’t want her around. Not exactly how she pictured heaven.

. . . until death catapulted her into a seductive world she never imagined.

Raziel is unsure why he rescued Allie from hellfire against Uriel’s orders, but she stirs in him a longing he hasn't felt in centuries. Now the Fallen are bracing for the divine wrath brought by his disobedience, and they blame Allie for the ferocious Nephilim clawing at the kingdom’s shrouded gates. Facing impossible odds at every turn, the two must work together to survive. Raziel will do anything to defend his spirited lover against the forces of darkness—because Allie may be the Fallen’s only salvation.

Demon (Fallen #2)by Kristina Douglas
Photobucket

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: May 31st 2011 by Pocket (first published 2011)
ISBN 143919193X (ISBN13: 9781439191934)
primary language English
original title Demon
urlhttp://www.kristinadouglas.com/books/the...
series Fallen #2
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Fallen angels abound in the second sizzling paranormal romance by newcomer Kristina Douglas, featuring Azazel, the King of the Fallen.
Once the Fallen’s fearless ruler, a grieving Azazel must find the legendary siren meant to take his lost lover’s place . . . and kill her.

He’s a devil of an angel.
Azazel should have extinguished the deadly Lilith when he had the chance. Now, faced with a prophecy that will force him to betray the memory of his one true love and wed the Demon Queen, he cannot end her life until she leads him to Lucifer. Finding the First is the Fallen’s only hope for protecting mankind from Uriel’s destruction, but Azazel knows that ignoring his simmering desire for the Lilith will be almost as impossible.

She’s an angel of a demon.
Rachel Fitzpatrick wonders how Azazel could confuse her with an evil seductress. She’s never even been interested in sex! At least not before she set eyes on her breathtaking captor. And now she can’t think about anything else—besides escape.

Angels and demons don’t mix.
Rachel stirs a carnal need in Azazel that he never thought he’d feel again. Falling for a demon—even if she has no idea she’s the Lilith—means surrendering his very soul. But if he lets her go, he risks abandoning his heart, his dangerous lover, and possibly all of humanity, to Uriel’s deadly wrath.

Personal Demons (Personal Demons #1)
by Lisa Desrochers

Photobucket

Paperback, 365 pages
Published September 14th 2010 by Tor Teen
ISBN 0765328089 (ISBN13: 9780765328083)
primary languageEnglish
url http://lisadesrochers.blogspot.com
series Personal Demons #1
characters Frannie Cavanaugh, Luc Cain, Ryan Keefe
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.

Original Sin (Personal Demons #2)
by Lisa Desrochers (Goodreads Author)
Photobucket

Paperback, 400 pages
Expected publication: July 5th 2011 by Tor Teen
ISBN 0765328097 (ISBN13: 9780765328090)
series Persona Demons #2
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
When secrets and old histories come to light, Frannie realizes that nobody is who she thought they were. Hell won’t give up and Heaven won’t give in. Some are willing to hurt anyone close to Frannie in order to get what they want. It will take everything she has and then some to stay out of Hell's grasp.

And not everyone will get out of it alive.

Hellbent (Personal Demons #3)
by Lisa Desrochers (Goodreads Author) expected release May 2012
More information coming soon.

67 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooh cool picks hon! =D

Alyssa said...

Cool picks! I've had Raziel on my TBR list for a while now!

Rie Conley said...

Those all sound great! I have Personal Demons on my TBR list.

Aleetha said...

I like the cover of Demon (Fallen #2)
I wonder how is the first book.

I'm also waiting for Personal Demons to come in my mailbox. :D
Wish both of us luck ;)

BLHmistress said...

I saw a teaser on the Raziel yesterday and it was funny , sarcastic type funny and if you can go by that sounds like its gonna be a good read.

Oh yes good luck to you too :)

Belinda said...

hadn't heard of the first two books so I'm excited to read them when they're released :) Great choices! You can find my WOW at The Bookish Snob

Hey, can you tell me how you did your reading challenge trackers please. I'm clueless!

June G said...

That Raziel seems to be getting around. The cover is hot! I do want to check out Personal Demons. Nice choices.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the fallen books look awesome!

The Book Angel said...

Good picks for this weeks Waiting on Wednesday. I always love a good story about angels and demons, it seems.

My Waiting on Wednesday:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Jamie Manning said...

Excellent choices...definitely wanna read Personal Demons and Raziel (how hot is that cover?!)...thanks for the great picks!

Carissa said...

These are all great picks here. I was actually thinking about how much I wanted to read Raziel last night before going to bed. lol. But I have heard awesome things about Personal Demons as well. Ack! I wish I could read faster!


My WoW

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I picked up Personal Demons a week or so ago. I haven't read it yet, but I've heard great things, so I'm sure I'll be eager for Original Sin!

Jenny said...

I'm excited to read Raziel, it's on my list for this week! And I enjoyed Personal Demons despite all the angst, so I'm really looking forward to Original Sin as well. Fantastic picks!

Tevya said...

One of my favorite blogs to visit - and you didn't disappoint! These look like great reads!

Tevya @ Reading Lark

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Oh, you've got some fantastic picks for your Wow! I've seen The Fallen around and have to admit to being intrigued! Otherwise, all round fab picks - I'd definitely read the books that is on your list!

Sally said...

I haven't heard of these books, I will have to check them out.
Sally.

S (Book Purring) said...

First two covers are smexy, I've seen Personal Demons around, I may be tempted to check it out :)

Unknown said...

Nice books!I'll have to check the first two cause i really love angel stories!
Personal Demons i've read and i'm afraid i didn't like them as much as i expected.Waiting to hear your thoughts when you'll read it!

Natalie said...

Wow they all sound good books and I'd never heard of any of them! My list of things to read is growing and growing...

This is my first time taking part in Waiting on Wednesday and that's how I found your blog :)

Donna said...

Looks like you've got plenty to look forward to! The Kristina Douglas book sounds good. Hope you get to read them all!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh I've seen these around lately and I'm starting to get more curious about them!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lori said...

I hope when you get these books, they will be everything you hope them to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

A Journey in Reading said...

Nice!!! Will have to check them out!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hi, Donna...I'm testing something here:

My WOW

JoyTTWorld said...

So excited for original sin (loved personal demons) and this fallen series sounds interesting, I'm going to have to check it out.

I'm obsessed with True Blood too (too bad I don't have HBO, have to wait for the DVDs to come out then I marathon them). you must read the books, they are so much better than the show and that's saying alot.

Happy Hump Day :o)

BLHmistress said...

I don't have HBO either so I either watched it online or getting the dvds. I plan on it everytime I plan on get the books I spot something else lol but I am gonna make sure I do this year.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Great picks all around! Love the sound of Raziel!

Meaghan from A Bookworm's Haven said...

Great picks! I am looking forward to Demon and Original Sin as well. I have read the first in both those series and liked them. Well I liked Raziel, but loved Personal Demons :)

Liz said...

I love angel books! Those look like they're going to be really good.

That's What Liz Read

Book Junkies said...

Love that you picked Original Sin for one of your WOWs! :) What a wonderful choice! -C

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

I loved Personal Demons and am excited to read Original Sin :)

Rubita said...

I totally agree with you! But I have to pick up the first volume in each series first. I've had my eye on them both for some time.

Jackie said...

I want all these books too Donna, however my wait will be until can get them used on Paperbackswap as am trying very hard to stop buying new to me series and get them after they have been out a while....

Thanks for stopping by at 4 am this morning, I was not up until 6 but had to get off the computer until 5:30 this evening and it has taken me the last 2 hours to make the rounds...

Karen said...

I see we both went with the angel theme this week!

Jen Bigheart said...

Looks like you have a thing for paranormal...Lol!

Great pics, and thanks for stopping by today!

Jen

Cackleberry Homestead said...

The Kristina Douglas series looks really good - I will have to add them to my list. I loved Personal Demons and cannot wait until Original Sin comes out!

Candace said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to Original Sin too! Love that cover!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice picks. I really want to read Personal Demons and the sequel too.

Thanks for commenting over at Let's Get Beyond Tolerance. Don't forget to enter the giveaway or spread the word if you wish. ;-)

-Lauren

Book Sake said...

Can't wait to read the Personal Demons series! Great picks!

Sugarbeat said...

Wow, great choices! That first one has a wonderful cover :) Thanks for the visit!

Small Review said...

Nice picks! And really, really nice cover on that first one :D I like how you themed you WoW this week.

DJL said...

Wow, what a list of reads! :D I've seen reviews for Demon and Personal Demons, both of which sound like awesome books. Thanks for the heads up on future reads!

Christina T said...

I haven't read it but I've heard really good things about Personal Demons. I didn't realize book two was already coming out! Nice WoW picks!

Buriedbybooks said...

Love the cover on that first one!

Unknown said...

I loooove all the covers for the books you chose for this post!! I have been wanting to read Personal Demon for a while now!!! Thank you for stopping by :)

Kat said...

ooh, these all sound really intense! Nice picks!

Unknown said...

I really want to read Personal Demons! And not just because the author is super nice :D

Ah that first book cover. Dang, you know how to pick these books :)

Anonymous said...

The Fallen Angel series sounds interesting. I'm a big fan of the show SUPERNATURAL and they talk about those guys all the time on that show. LOL

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

Oh, Oh, I want to read Raziel! I've seen some great early reviews and I am dying to get my hands on it. Fab WOW's!

BLHmistress said...

LOL I never meant to make them all demons and angels just happened that way but I have been admiring these books like forever now it seems.

Jessica Lawlor said...

Such a manly man on that first cover! I always know I'm going to see some eye candy when I visit your blog!

BLHmistress said...

LOl I can't help love these hot smokin' covers I've been lucky books have been a good read as well. I shouldn't say that cause then I might jinx myself .

Paranormal Romance Addict said...

Wow, these are some wonderful picks and I want them all as well! I hope that you get them all and enjoy them when they come out. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Lover Of Romance said...

I love the cover of the first two, the whole sexy man with wings is so hooottt!!! I love the blurbs with your WOW!! I think I have some more items that need to go on my TBR lists!!! Thanks for posting!

Shannon (The Tale Temptress) said...

Wow, I love those covers! They are awesome.

BLHmistress said...

These covers especially Raziel is smokin' lol- I hope to too- I so want to jump right now and I might tomorrow depends how much I will drive myself crazy til I do lol.

Anonymous said...

Love the angel theme! Can't wait to start the Personal Demons series. The Fallen: Raziel looks awesome too.

A Canadian Girl said...

Love angel books! I've got Personal Demons on my wishlist and Douglas' series looks really good.

Michelle Santiago said...

angels books! awesome! i've been wanting to read personal demons and original sin. great picks!

-michelle

Stormi said...

Not read a angel book, not sure if I would like them but they sound cool.

Gaby G said...

I haven't read Personal Demons but I have heard great things about it.

Izzy said...

I just finished Personal Demons and enjoyed it, I'm also looking forward to both Fallen novels! :):)

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great picks! The first cover is easy on the eyes! :) I enjoyed Personal Demons and am waiting on Original Sin as well.

Aliyah said...

Raziel sounds like a good book, I don't normally read paranormal but I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

~Aliyah
http://desabsurdites.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

The Fallen both look like great books! I've read Personal Demons and loved it. I can't wait for the next one. Good picks!

Nicci @ Paper Dreams said...

Good picks! Demon sounds really good!

Erica said...

Personal Demons is absolutely awesome :)

Post a Comment