Friday, January 7, 2011

Review The Willow The Magical Sword Book One by Stacey Kennedy

Photobucket


Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Stacey Kennedy (July 8, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0986593109
ISBN-13: 978-0986593109
Product Dimensions: 5 x 8 x 0.6 inches
Source- From the Author
Amazon

Stacey's Links
Stacey Kennedy's Website
Twitter
Facebook


Goodreads Summary:
In Carson City, Nevada a tragic car accident has claimed the lives of Nexi Jones' adoptive parents. Now, without them, her reason to live has vanished and she is determined to end her pain.

The problem with that, it's not heaven she wakes up to, it's the Otherworld. Nexi must reconcile the truth about her past, and her heritage as part guardian/part witch, while she begins to train to join the Council's guard. But it's not the combat training that has her worried, its attempting to keep her cool around the luscious guardian, Kyden that's her biggest concern.

Before long, Nexi's skills are put to the test as she begins to fight against the supernatural who have taken a human life. But nothing can prepare her for the journey ahead. Soon, she will find herself lost in a mystery and fighting to keep all she's gained, as Lazarus, a vampire, threatens to take it all away.


Review:

How do I begin to explain just how much I enjoyed this book, could it be when I started reading the prologue. I have read tons of books and as far as I can recall I haven't had a book start out the way this one did. While there might be some readers that might be turned off, I wasn't in fact I was able to connect with Nexi's pain from the beginning.

I also connected with her roller coaster ride of emotions of when she was introduced to her Father and his world and laughed out loud each time she joked around because she was scared.

How many of us have done that in real life, joke to make ourselves feel better?

Now lets talk about the sexual tension between Kyden and Nexi , whoa mama I was thinking my computer was going to combust if these two hadn't gotten together soon.

Finally what can I say about the ending without giving anything away- Well I was glad I stayed up til 5am to finish this put it that way.

It had the perfect mixture of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal as well as hot sexy teases. So if that sounds like your kind of book I highly recommend you read this book. I also suggest make sure you block out a block of time because you won't be able to put this book down. Meanwhile I can't wait to move onto the next book in the series, The Wicked.

I rate this 5 out of 5 stars.

Other Books In The Series:
The Wicked(Magical Sword Book 2)
The Devil's Kiss(Magical Sword Book 3)

7 comments:

~ Babs ~ said...

This sounds pretty interesting. I might have to add this to my TBR :)

Kelly said...

Yeah me too Babs. I WILL be adding this to my tbr. I have friends that live in Carson City, Nevada. Interesting that one would go to the otherworld from there. ::eyebrow waggle:: That reminds me of the quote "I don't know if I'm going to heaven or hell but I know I'm going from Jackson."

Unknown said...

awesome review! Thanks for putting this one on my radar! =D

VildesVerden said...

Great review. I want to read that book now. Wish you a wonderful weekend from Norway

Jennifer said...

Great review. "The Willow" sounds interesting. I think I'll check this series out.

DevouredShannon said...

Thanks for this review! I have not heard of this book/series, now I need to find it! Sounds like something I would love!

BLHmistress said...

I so can't wait to read the next one, its a short read but one that I couldn't stop reading once I started it. Hope you all will enjoy it as much as I did.

Post a Comment