Sunday, January 9, 2011

Review Devoured By Darkness (Guardians of Eternity Book 7) by Alexandra Ivy

Photobucket



Paperback, 368 pages
Published December 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published 2010)
ISBN 1420111353 (ISBN13: 9781420111354)
primary language English
series Guardians of Eternity #7
characters Laylah, Tane
Source: My own copy-bought
Amazon

Alexandra Ivy's Website

Goodreads Summary:
They are the Guardians of Eternity, strong, skilled, seductive vampires chosen to protect—and to destroy. And they will risk anything to fulfill their duty, and satisfy their desires...

Tane is a Charon, sworn to hunt and kill rogue vampires. His new assignment seems like a waste of his talents—until he catches up with the jinn he's been sent to capture. Half human, half demon, Laylah has a vulnerable streak that strikes right through to Tane's cold heart. He should be furious when she uses her powers to bind them together, preventing him from dragging her before the Commission. Instead he welcomes any reason to stay close enough to touch, to taste, to seduce...

Laylah doesn't know why she was chosen to protect a child who may be the catalyst in a war between good and evil. But the mysteries of her past pale compared to the dangers approaching. Tane is devastatingly strong, breathtakingly sensual. And Laylah will have to trust in every ounce of that strength, because her enemies are drawing near, eager to destroy them both...

Review:
Devoured of Darkness picks up where we left of Tane- a vampire assassin chasing Laylah, a jinn mongrel wanted by the Commission.

Little did Tane realize just what he is in for when he does catch up with Laylah. For as long as he could remember his job was to hunt down vampires-his brothers and take them out when they became addicted and fall into bloodlust.

Laylah spent most of her life in hiding from all sorts of demons threatening to turn her into the Commission plus she was hiding a secret- a baby who she didn't know why for the first she felt connected to someone until Tane entered her life.

After waiting anxiously for this book, I finally got my hands on it and though it set one my shelf for a few days when I finally dove into it and read it pretty quickly the last couple days. One thing I love about series books is that I feel like I am visiting family in each book. That being said I was so happy to see some of the other characters in it not many but my faves- I won't name them(don't want to give a spoiler) other than Levet. How could you not love Levet. No wonder the guardians all find him a pain in the behind - I think its jealousy because all the mates absolutely love this gargoyle.

While I did like Tane and Laylah's story as I suspected I would, there was just something missing. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe at the end was a bit confusing trying to introduce the new characters for the subsequent book.

Would I recommend this book? Yes because overall I love the series and I believe just because this one didn't grab me like the others. The Guardians of Eternity remains at one of the top favorite series for me and they are must buys for me.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Other Books in the Guardians of Eternity Series:
When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1)
Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2)
Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4)
Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5)
Beyond The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6)
Bound By Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #8) due to be released in November, 2011

3 comments:

VildesVerden said...

Never hears of this series, but I will check it out. Thanks you.

DevouredShannon said...

Hi,
I have not heard of this series. I am looking to read some more adult books, so I will try and add this to my TBR pile! Thanks!

Unknown said...

awww pitty this one wasnt as good as you expected. The series still sounds cool! will read it as soon as possible hehe =D

Post a Comment