Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kelly: TEASER TUESDAY #11

Photobucket

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read;

Open to a random page;

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page!

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

_________________________

Those are the rules so here we go:

"She said her name was Elinor Book. Because that is what she said, that was what people believed."

Pg. 82 of Alice Hoffman's The Red Garden.

I'm not quite halfway through this book and it's very much like Blackbird House which I loved. It's a series of stories all linking back to one main story. Somehow they'll all come together. I think. I hope. It's a tad slow, but I'm enjoying it because I love that magical realism thing.

How's your Tuesday going? Do you have anything to tease me with???

It's March 1st! It comes in like a lion right? What is roaring in your day? Have you joined us yet at our Good Reads site? Click here if you haven't yet joined.

See you tomorrow!

Kelly
for Book Lover's Hideaway

5 comments:

fredamans said...

I wonder if it is really her name?

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_28.html

SimplyMe said...

Interesting teaser!

Teaser Tuesday-Book Addict

Unknown said...

Hey, I just passed One Lovely Blog Award on to you. Stop by my page to see how to accept it!

Great teaser!

Unknown said...

oooh nice teaser hon! =D

Anonymous said...

After reading your teaser, I immediately had two questions: Why does she feel the need to use a fake name, and why doesn't the narrator believe her? Good teaser!

You can find my TT here: http://ksbooks.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/teaser-tuesday-33/

Post a Comment