Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kelly's TEASER TUESDAY #13

Photobucket

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read;

Open to a random page;

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page!

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I know that most of us, myself included, love nothing more than some good ol paranormal romance. I do step out of that genre from time to time. This time, I did a long distance jump. The book that I am currently reading, The Shadow of the Wind, is really rich. I had a difficult time finding some good quotes that would show you how rich this book is. I came up with something I think. I hope you enjoy.

"She would ask me to describe the facades, the people, the cars, the shops, the lampposts and shop windows that we passed on our way. Often, she would take my arm and I would guide her through our own private Barcelona, one that only she and I could see."

Pg. 42, The Shadow of the Wind

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Kelly for Book Lover's Hideaway

5 comments:

Kristen - Seeing Night said...

Checking in for Teaser Tuesday (: Sounds kind of sad in a way, but interesting none the less.

Seeing Night Reviews

fredamans said...

I assume "she" was blind?

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Bookworm Lisa said...

I'm with fredamans. It sounds as if she is blind and remembering what it looked like when she could see. Thanks for the teaser.

Here is mine http://lisaisabookworm.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Kelly said...

Yah. You guys are right. She's a blind girl that is 10 years older than the seeing eye boy. He's head over heels in love with her. Good guesses!

Unknown said...

It sounds very close and personal to be reading a scene like that.

What a wonderful teaser this week.

Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Post a Comment