Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kelly's On My Wishlist #14

Photobucket

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!!!

* * *

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too.

* * *



Synopsis:

My name is Elizabeth Anne Hawksmith, and my age is three hundred and eighty-four years. Each new settlement asks for a new journal, and so this Book of Shadows begins…

In the spring of 1628, the Witchfinder of Wessex finds himself a true Witch. As Bess Hawksmith watches her mother swing from the Hanging Tree she knows that only one man can save her from the same fate at the hands of the panicked mob: the Warlock Gideon Masters, and his Book of Shadows. Secluded at his cottage in the woods, Gideon instructs Bess in the Craft, awakening formidable powers she didn’t know she had and making her immortal. She couldn't have foreseen that even now, centuries later, he would be hunting her across time, determined to claim payment for saving her life.

In present-day England, Elizabeth has built a quiet life for herself, , tending her garden and selling herbs and oils at the local farmers' market. But her solitude abruptly ends when a teenage girl called Tegan starts hanging around. Against her better judgment, Elizabeth begins teaching Tegan the ways of the Hedge Witch, in the process awakening memories—and demons—long thought forgotten.

Part historical romance, part modern fantasy, The Witch’s Daughter is a fresh, compelling take on the magical, yet dangerous world of Witches. Readers will long remember the fiercely independent heroine who survives plagues, wars, and the heartbreak that comes with immortality to remain true to herself, and protect the protégé she comes to love.

* * *

So that's one of the books in my Wish List. It sounds interesting to me...not quite the paranormal romances I love so much, but interesting none-the-less. In fact, I'll think I'll go buy it right now and put it on my TBR shelf.

BTW, I think we need some clarification in the book world. I think there should be a TBR shelf and a TBB shelf. The TBR shelf is usual "To Be Read" which is where we put whatever books we have lined up to read. The TBB shelf should be the "To Be Bought" shelf which is book that we want. Just sayin'.

Donna has a special post tomorrow so I've got 3 book reviews posting today. I'll be back posting on Monday. Until then, have a most excellent weekend. I hope you can read as many books as you want.

Kelly
for Book Lover's Hideaway

1 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Oh, I love it when genres mix. Historical romance and modern fantasy in The Witch’s Daughter! Sounds awesome.

Post a Comment