Saturday, March 5, 2011

On My Wishlist # 12

Photobucket

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too.

Since I am in the middle of doing a reread challenge of the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon I figured I would put her YA books on my wishlist for this week.


Hardcover, 448 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published May 19th 2010)
ISBN 0312599072 (ISBN13: 9780312599072)
primary language English
url http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com
series Chronicles of Nick #1
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?





Hardcover
Expected publication: March 22nd 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin
primary language English
url http://www.dark-hunter.com/book_profile
series Chronicles of Nick #2
characters Nick Gautier
setting New Orleans, Louisiana (United States)
Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Just when he thought things couldn’t get any worse...

Nick Gautier’s day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul.

His new principal thinks he’s even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to things he can’t even mention and the girl he’s not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.

But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them..

5 comments:

Naj said...

I've heard of this series but never thought of reading the synopsis. But it sounds really good. :D Great picks Donna!

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Great book choices this week!

I really enjoy Nick's series and I'm eagerly awaiting for "Invisible" to be released!

Kelly said...

You know what? I have both of them on reserve at my LibrAs soon as I *met* Nick in the Dark Hunter books and figured out he had his own books, I reserved them. :)

Ing said...

Love the covers! I hope you get soon girl! Did you ever get Monica's book yet? I hope you have a great weekend!

Here's mine As the Pages Turn Blog

Unknown said...

I have infinity, but I havent read it yet! =D

great picks!

Post a Comment