Thursday, June 30, 2011

The BSP Tour Save My Soul by Zoe Winters Guest Post


We have a special guest today, Zoe Winters author of Save My Soul. Thank you Zoe for stopping by today.

Which do you like to write more... heroes or villains?

I’ve been asked this several times, and in my case it’s difficult to answer. Today’s hero may be tomorrow’s villain and vice versa. So good or evil doesn’t really factor into what I like to write so much as the character arc and journey.

I love writing Cain, for example. He’s my favorite character. I’ve been in love with him from moment one, back when he was evil, and I didn’t have even the slightest inkling that he could or would become anything different.

Cain is the villain of Save My Soul. I’m not sure he’s evil so much as he’s just... Cain. He’s 8,000 so he doesn’t have this huge respect for human life. My world contains reincarnation so, to his way of thinking, he’s not really killing people, he’s just inconveniencing them. Plus an incubus? What a way to go.

In the book I’m working on right now (which is still untitled), Cain features in a big part of the story. Though book three isn’t “Cain’s book”, I still call it his “save the cat” book because it’s the book in which readers will be able to see up close and personal how he is with his own kind as opposed to just his food. It adds extra layers and dimensions to him so he can slowly seduce readers over to his corner. Because he’s the hero in book 4, and he’s going to need you on board for that.

I also like writing characters who lie to me, which sounds pretty schizophrenic when I type it out like that. Tam, for instance, is the best friend of the heroine in Save My Soul. I’ve come to discover that she has some big secrets. Everything I thought I knew about Tam is wrong. Or rather, it’s only a very small piece of the puzzle. She’ll be the heroine of book 4 so I’ll finally be able to share this big secret.

I also like writing characters that go bad. I can’t tell you the exact character in this case because it’s a spoiler, but the villain of book three didn’t start out bad. However, he’s actually got compelling reasons for his newfound villainy. Unfortunately I won’t be able to reveal those reasons in book three. But they are coming. (Sorry this post is such an epic tease. At least you know I’ve planned out that far.)

So what kind of character do I most like to write? All of them. Though Cain will probably always bemy favorite, otherwise I’m pretty fickle. Whichever character I’m writing at the moment tends to be myfavorite.

Author Bio: Zoe Winters writes quirky and sometimes dark paranormal romance. She lives with her husband and two cats, and her favorite colors are rainbow and clear. For moreinformation visit http://www.zoewinters.org or her blog at: http://zoewinters.wordpress.com


Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: Incubooks (January 31, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0981943632
ISBN-13: 978-0981943633

Amazon Summary:
All he's asking for is her soul. After buying the antebellum home she's fantasized about since childhood, Anna Worthington discovers Luc, a dangerously seductive incubus who has been trapped in the house by a fifty-year-old curse. To rid herself of her problem house guest she'll call on a priest, gypsies, ghost hunters, and the coven of witches from lust bunny hell. All she has to do is resist him long enough to break the spell so they can go their separate ways. If she doesn't, she could die. And that would be the best case scenario.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Make sure you hit the last stop which is at Zoe's Website http://zoewinters.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Jackie said...

So very nice to come over and read what turned out to be not only a teaser into what is to come in the series but an interesting assessment of Cain... Glad to see that book three and four are mapped out, will be excited when they are published to read!

BLHmistress said...

I really loved this post and it makes me think that maybe reading about a villian isn't as always what it seems. Thank you Zoe for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really great book...Its nice to let the villian win every once in a while!

Post a Comment