Friday, June 17, 2011

Review The Truth About Vampires by Theresa Meyers


Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Harlequin; 288 edition (February 15, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373618549
ISBN-13: 978-0373618545


Book Source: My Own Copy

Theresa's Links:

Amazon Summary:
All her life, Seattle reporter Kristin Reed sought her breakout story. She never thought she'd find it in the crimson lair of a real-life creature of the night. Kristin never believed vampires existed—until with dark brooding eyes and a decadent chocolate scent, Dmitri Dionotte called out to her….

Dmitri and his clan's true nature was cloaked in secrecy until a warring vampire order threatened their existence. Kristin was just the woman he needed. She couldn't resist their story…or Dmitri. Her blood pulsed hot and furious when he touched her, and with his kiss, all logic fled. But each night she spent with her vampire lover brought her closer to death and destruction. A death not even an immortal could triumph over.

Review:
I could kick myself for not reading this book sooner, seriously. I had this book sitting on my shelf for awhile and just the other night decided to pick it up and read it and I am so glad I did. I have read tons of vampire books especially since starting this blog and to be honest I never tire of them but always wondered can there be any new ways to describe how vampires become vampires and I am always pleasantly surprised when an author does come up with something different.

I wasn't sure if I liked Kristan right of the bat mainly I connected so much with this book I was afraid she was going to dig too deep into the vampires secret lives. But it didn't take long to convince me that her and Dimtri belonged together. Dimtri 'sigh' what can I say about him but he is all what I love in a hero. But then came Achilles (oh I think I really will like him) wait and read the book if you haven't and you will see why.

There isn't one thing I didn't love about this book it had hot steamy scenes, romance that left you 'sighing' action and to top it off the worldbuilding was incredible. Only the thing I hated was it ended. I will definitely be reading more from Theresa Meyers.

Rating:

1 comments:

Post a Comment